Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2010, 02:05 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mppuser Quote
Ok so there seems to be some difference of views on this but there are two questions....

1 - Max voltage allowed at the Hotshoe

2 - Max voltage allowed at the PC contact
Hello DG,

I had much the same questions before connecting up my P&K ringflash and bugged Pentax UK quite a lot for answers. I ended up getting two; 20V over the phone from the engineer and 25V in a helpdesk mail.

I the end I ended up using the ringflash on the PC sync and it works just fine, the camera doesn't go pop. ben_edict helped me establish, through measurement, that the pc-terminal's central contact is not directly wired to the bigger, central contact of the camera hot shoe, and we assumed that it is a traditional mechanical (or electro-mechanical) switch and the pc-terminal is not connected to the camera's internal electronics.

08-15-2010, 07:55 AM   #17

Thanks.
I missed this one.
D.G.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, flash, information, k100d, k7, manufacturer, pentax, photography, question, specifications, sync, voltage