Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2010, 11:34 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
How to order from Japan store in the USA?

Do I need to know somebody in Japan to order it for me? I'd really like to get a green K-X as my 2nd camera (already have the white one), but I have no idea how to order it from the Japan webstore.

01-05-2010, 06:46 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Looks to me like you click on the cameras link, then find the K-x with custom colors, click on the description and make your actual color selection from the second page. 100,000 Yen later give or take - either on a credit card or via Paypal, and you're on the hook for a non-cancellable camera.
01-05-2010, 07:26 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
From what I can see on the ordering page, you need a Japanese address to order. Doesn't look like they accept orders from overseas, which is on par for most Japanese online stores. All the input fields for both billing and shipping require you to put in a Japanese zip code.

You're better off finding a friend in Japan who can order it for you and ship it to you.
01-05-2010, 03:22 PM   #4

in the past i have ordered japan-only items through pricejapandotcom. they charge a fee to act as your intermediary. normally their policy includes your being able to check for the lowest price via kakakudotcom, which lists the prices for the item at various japanese retailers, but since the 100 colors k-x is custom ordered, they may not be able to do that if you want one.

you should be aware when buying this way that often japan-only items come with instruction manuals in japanese only. on the other hand, it is possible to get the english manual via the internet and i understand that on the japan-only k-x it is still possible to access an english menu.

it's a good idea to check for what kind of warranty service is available. sometimes a japan-only item has to be shipped back to japan at your cost if you need to have work done on the item during the warranty period.

01-05-2010, 03:26 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Good point about the warranty and manual. I have the Titan and my wife has the km Olive.... Curiously, the seller removed the japanese only manuals so they were missing the manual. You can download the manuals from Pentax and the cameras menus etc are the same as ones bought here.... You are probably taking a risk on the warranty....
01-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #6
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by patk Quote
you should be aware when buying this way that often japan-only items come with instruction manuals in japanese only. on the other hand, it is possible to get the english manual via the internet and i understand that on the japan-only k-x it is still possible to access an english menu..
Yeah, all the manuals that came with my K200D were in Japanese, so I had to download the English manual.
It is possible to change the in-camera menus into English; I do it all the time at electronics shops when I'm checking out the k-x and the k-7. Pisses the staff off so much.

As for warranty, it will be Japanese only but you may be able to get an "International Warranty". However, the paperwork that came with mine says you have to get it via the service station or dealer that originally sold the camera to you, and amazingly does not list one for Japan. I bet if you found someone who speaks Japanese well enough to e-mail the Japanese Pentax customer support center asking about it, you could possibly get it...
01-05-2010, 04:47 PM   #7
Site Supporter

I am surprised that there isn't some reseller in Asia who is buying up different colored Kx's and marketing them every where else. Seems like there are always plenty of dealers in Hong Kong ready to make a deal on Pentax products.
01-18-2010, 11:00 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Via a broker, you can buy directly from Japan. They can probably handle getting the international warranty as well. Try a search at DPr, I remember reading threads about it there

01-18-2010, 02:38 PM   #9

seen different colors on ebay... not sure about warranty but they were about 800-900 usd body only if i remember correctly