Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2010, 08:34 AM   #1

Highlighting Features - K-7 & K20D On Pentax (JP) Website

Don' t know if this is me or what, but when I went to the Pentax (JP) site, when you go to the respective pages, the camera's marquee features are ordered differently (of course they are different cameras with different qualities and are several (almost) years apart)

K20D - No 1 - Image Quality - K20D : Imaging Systems Division : PENTAX

K-7 - No 1 - A Perfect fusion of size and quality - K-7 : Digital SLR Cameras : PENTAX

Are they trying to tell us something?

I find this very interesting. Just curious, if anyone has any opinions on the above.

Thanks,

Rod.

01-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I don't know about how they're trying to differentiate the two cameras, but one thing I notice is that the Japan web site puts the US web site to shame. I just got more information about my K-7 from the Japan web site than I ever had before, and I did a THOROUGH research before making a purchasing decision.

Pentax USA sucks.
01-05-2010, 07:02 PM   #3

They have an amazing web site.
01-05-2010, 10:07 PM   #4

Original Poster
Pentax JP Website - K20d & K7 & K-X

Yes. It's a good site. Better to go to the horse's mouth I think. However, sometimes I've noticed they take a while to put new stuff on the site. Probably takes time to translate etc.

I think they put image quality No1 at the time with the K20D because a new 14.6mp sensor.

With the K-7 it' seems like the focus is on the reincarnation of the Pentax glory days, with image quality being one of a myriad of features/positives.

Haven't got a K-7 but it seems a bit like my MZ-S has been reborn as a digital warrior.

Then you look at K-X marketing - K-x : Imaging Systems Division : PENTAX - since Hoya took over. Something has changed there.