Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2007, 12:37 PM   #1

Good place to buy K10D?

I've been lurking here for a month or so, reading everything I can about the K10D.

I'm looking for an authorized Pentax dealer to get the K10D...no grey market stuff. I value my warranties!

Anyone know of any good places? BuyDig, Cameta...any other cheap places?

Thanks!

Oh, please move this thread if it's in the inappropriate forum.

06-20-2007, 12:57 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Buydig doesn't seem to carry the K10D, so that's out. It's $794.95 at B&H -- I don't think you'll find it significantly cheaper from anywhere reputable.

If you have a decent local store, take the B&H price there -- they may match it or come close. Even places that have a general policy of not matching online prices know that B&H is reputable and may be happy to have the chance to make a sale.
06-20-2007, 12:59 PM   #3
Inactive Account

I purchase most of my gear from B&H Photo and have to say I have had very good luck with them and their prices.
06-20-2007, 02:51 PM   #4
Forum Member

Got mine at 17th St. Photo. No complaints.

06-20-2007, 02:52 PM   #5

It's a no brainer: B&H.

They are THE most reputable....and don't forget, they don't charge sales tax.

And, if you are a member of the NAPP (Photoshop users) you get free 3-day shipping.

PS
06-20-2007, 03:38 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Online it's all about B&H. I do buy my camera bodies locally so that it is easy to take care of any problems with no problems or shipping. My local store even pays for shipping to Pentax if I need warrenty repair.
06-20-2007, 03:48 PM   #7

Abe's of Maine

Abe's of Maine has the K10D w/kit lens for 779.00
I have ordered 2 cameras from them and no problem at all, last one was the K100D...

06-20-2007, 04:09 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Try your local dealer. I went to mine and asked him if he was willing to sell me a K10D at B & H price. He agreed so I got a good price and still supported my local dealer.

Regards,
06-20-2007, 04:40 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Try your local dealer. I went to mine and asked him if he was willing to sell me a K10D at B & H price. He agreed so I got a good price and still supported my local dealer.

Regards,
I would try this first. If you cant get the same deal at you local dealer, buy from B&H. Remember there is a active rebate until the end of July. I just checked in Pricegrabber and B&H is the lowest price for the moment.

I bought my K10D from Tristate Camera & Video. They were $20 less than B&H when I bought it. The first K10D I got had a defect in the sensor. Tristate exchanged it with no problems
06-20-2007, 04:46 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Buying

My local guy has been waiting for K10 and has not seen one yet. He sends me to B&H for all high end Pentax stuff. I bought the 12-24WA zoom from them and the K10. No complaints. UPS is another story. I will not get UPS shipping again. I will order FEDEX shipping next time.
06-20-2007, 05:31 PM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Buydig doesn't seem to carry the K10D, so that's out.
I came here to recommend Beach Camera, which Buydig is their sister site. Seems that Beach doesn't carry the K10D anymore. I purchased my K10D from them when they were out of stock everywhere else. I have purchase three cameras (Olympus C-7070WZ, Nikon D50, K10D) from Beach and have had no problems.
06-20-2007, 09:39 PM   #12

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestions.

The thing about getting my local dealer to match BH's price is that the local dealer will charge tax, so about $70 more while shipping is only $25.
06-22-2007, 01:48 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hello folks, first post

I got my K10D kit from B&H and thanks to B&H's very fast order processing, I got it in 3 days time (ground shipping). I've ordered from other places in NYC and Jersey, and it's taken 5-7 business days because it sometimes takes the vendor 2-3 days to get items ready to ship.

As far as the tax goes, I live in NY state and here, big brother requires you to pay tax on internet purchases, so I save myself the hastle of having to deal with that at the end of the year and buy local as much as possible!

I wish I could find a decent local camera shop (I live between Rochester and Buffalo), but the ones I've found are on par with some car dealerships I've been to, lol, so I'd much rather deal with B&H!
06-25-2007, 09:41 AM   #14

Hi there
I buy all my gear from BH Photo online. They are reputable... and have great prices. There is a rebate right now on the Pentax K10D. Go to the Pentax website to check it out.

I wouldn't shop from any discount places you aren't sure of.

I just bought the Pentax K10D,,, and I LOVE it. Awesome ! Good luck!
Christy
06-25-2007, 12:45 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by epicfish Quote
I'm looking for an authorized Pentax dealer to get the K10D...no grey market stuff. I value my warranties!...
Not sure if they're an "authorized Pentax dealer", but I bought my K10D from Amazon.com. Shortly after I purchased mine, they dropped their price on the item by $50. Thanks to a tip from another member of this forum, I was able to contact customer support and get the $50 credited back to my credit card. And as an Amazon Prime member, I was able to get the camera shipped to me very quickly for almost nothing.

I but almost exclusively from three places online: Amazon; Adorama; and B&H. I do believe that there are other excellent reputable dealers. But I would gladly spend more money to buy from one of the dealers I know and trust than to try to get it for the cheapest price from someone I'm not familiar with. Just not worth the trouble.

Will