Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2010, 01:28 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K-7 Green line woes are over?

Ok, A stick to the bee hive, wall

I am waiting an official price drop to purchase K-7, expecting this will happen in two months, but I won't wait more than end of the February. Until then I have not seen a green line problem reported for a long time, I guess Pentax did solved this problem, I hope I am right, just wondered anyone see a green line problem with last batches of Pentax sold before Christmas, say at the end of November and December?

01-08-2010, 01:36 AM   #2
Veteran Member

My K-7 did not have the green line issue when I bought it several months after introduction.
I believe the firmware upgrades released solved most if not all problems with earlier models, since complains have stopped on this forum after the firmware was released.
See also related posts on this forum like: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/72022-working-k-7-...mware-fix.html

- Bert
01-08-2010, 05:18 AM   #3
Veteran Member

The K-7 I bought in mid December (still firmware 1.00) has no green line problems..

What is an "official" price drop anyway?

Jason
01-08-2010, 05:23 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
What is an "official" price drop anyway?
Jason
Price drop by Pentax, MSRP drop (currently 1299) , not the street price drop (profit decrease) from shops. What's so funny that makes you laugh anyway?

01-08-2010, 06:33 AM   #5

Photos: Albums
Yep, it seems it was solved with firmware fix. I had green line problem with my first K-7, one from the first production batch, and green line couldn't be fixed with firmware, but Pentax Europe was fair and replaced it with a new camera.