Both 349.88%
Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2010, 05:04 PM   #16
emr

Evil would be wicked! (Pun intended)

01-08-2010, 05:57 PM   #17
Veteran Member

FF depending on the price. Until FF is $1500 or below I can't afford one so I'm happy with the K7.
01-08-2010, 06:14 PM   #18
Forum Member

Neither - go straight to MF!
01-08-2010, 07:55 PM   #19

I voted EVIL, but that's only partial answer.

I'd like to have APS-C (doesn't matter, EVIL or not but not less featured than K7 with better sensor) + 645 EVIL.
Full frame is a foolish idea. Next logical step after APS-C is cropped 645, anything between add too few.

01-08-2010, 08:04 PM   #20
Damn Brit

Moved to DSLR discussion.

I don't think I would buy either. I would certainly consider MF, if it is manufactured and if it is sold in the US. Having said that, I wouldn't be likely to jump on board from day 1.
01-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I want Pentax to develop cybernetic replacement eyes; out-patient installation, direct neural interface. Always on, capturing images, motion pictures and arguments with one's spouse real-time (in 3D), at ridiculously high resolution and transmitting them wirelessly to a 1 petabyte external drive the size of a quarter, via an ultra speed Personal Area Network. Or it can connect directly to the Internet and upload straight to the PentaCloud. Sensors have a base ISO of 2 (actually has greater resolution than the physically universe, so images are zoomable down to the molecular structure of the subject), with great noise performance. You do start to see some chroma noise around ISO 10,000,000, but you really have to be pixel pepping. Comes in prime and zoom models, all with a constant aperture of f/1. It's powered by sugar extracted from the blood, so you'd actually need to eat more chocolate, to power the camera. The AF isn't just predictive, it's clairvoyant and suggestive, actually predicting when interesting stuff will happen, and prompting you to turn and look at the scene before it occurs.

That's the one camera I want to buy. That's the camera I'd be happy with, forsaking all others. Until then, everything is some level of compromise.

I want every feature I could possibly ever dream up stuffed into the smallest possible container with the greatest possible image quality and make it rugged and light and silent and easy to use as well. Oh, and cheap too. So the answer is both, mashed together.

I'd consider both but probably have more use, at current, for the EVIL.
01-08-2010, 08:16 PM   #22
Damn Brit

Sounds like you've been overdosing on William Gibson.

QuoteOriginally posted by junyo Quote
I want Pentax to develop cybernetic replacement eyes; out-patient installation, direct neural interface. Always on, capturing images, motion pictures and arguments with one's spouse real-time (in 3D), at ridiculously high resolution and transmitting them wirelessly to a 1 petabyte external drive the size of a quarter, via an ultra speed Personal Area Network. Or it can connect directly to the Internet and upload straight to the PentaCloud. Sensors have a base ISO of 2 (actually has greater resolution than the physically universe, so images are zoomable down to the molecular structure of the subject), with great noise performance. You do start to see some chroma noise around ISO 10,000,000, but you really have to be pixel pepping. Comes in prime and zoom models, all with a constant aperture of f/1. It's powered by sugar extracted from the blood, so you'd actually need to eat more chocolate, to power the camera. The AF isn't just predictive, it's clairvoyant and suggestive, actually predicting when interesting stuff will happen, and prompting you to turn and look at the scene before it occurs.

That's the one camera I want to buy. That's the camera I'd be happy with, forsaking all others. Until then, everything is some level of compromise.

I want every feature I could possibly ever dream up stuffed into the smallest possible container with the greatest possible image quality and make it rugged and light and silent and easy to use as well. Oh, and cheap too. So the answer is both, mashed together.

I'd consider both but probably have more use, at current, for the EVIL.

01-08-2010, 08:18 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Full Frame all the way

Anything without an optical viewfinder, they can keep!
01-08-2010, 08:22 PM   #24

Something with a viewfinder as large and as bright as my Super Program.
01-09-2010, 03:37 AM   #25
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Sounds like you've been overdosing on William Gibson.
He was a fan of Zeiss Ikons, not Pentax.

Blue, Tally Isham blue. The clear trademark blue they're famous for, ZEISS IKON ringing each iris in tiny capitals, the letters suspended there like flecks of gold.

I think he indirectly predicted that Zeiss'd end up being made in Japan. But he predicted so much.
01-09-2010, 04:05 AM   #26
emr

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
He was a fan of Zeiss Ikons, not Pentax.
As a fan I got worried and had to check, but luckily it seems "The reports of his death are greatly exaggerated".
01-09-2010, 10:44 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Clone the 7D into a K7 sized body and have a range of usm lenses with traditional Pentax compactness - at least one 100-400 f4 zoom & 500mm 5.6 for the birders & sport fans.

Pentax would immediately move into the next millennium & many would forget about FF for quite a while.

Next clone the D700 into a K20D body - nirvana maybe??

Dyls
01-10-2010, 04:27 AM   #28

K-x with:

- magnesium-alloy weather-sealed body
- focus dots
- 1080p 24fps with manual exposure
- stereo mic jack with manual gain control

The 7D's got these but it's HUGE for an APS-C camera imho
01-10-2010, 05:15 AM   #29
Forum Member

I like the idea of an EVIL camera (especially with an OLED viewfinder that can zoom in nicely for focusing (ahem, I can dream), but once I add K-mount lenses, it would be a big beast.
Therefore, probably neither.
Still, a Pentax EVIL with K-mount compatibility and an OLED viewfinder could tempt me.

On the contrary, I have absolutely no need for a full frame camera. 16mm (on APS-c) is plenty wide for me, and 1.4 (on APS-c) is plenty fast for me.
01-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I guess the question is now. Someday, both of these may be viable options, but at present full frame is just a little too expensive and too big and EVIL is not good enough. Beyond which, based on the others threads on the subject, EVIL would probably not allow easy usage of current K mount lenses.