Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2007, 10:33 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MShawn63 Quote
TaoMaas,

...it may be time to sell all my film gear, but I'd hate to part with my MX.

Shawn

SACRILEGE !!!!!!!!! NEVER SELL THAT OLD MX. I know I'll never let go of mine. It still works and there are way too many good old memories tied up in it.

As for the original question.... I don't care what anyone else uses. if they use a cardboard box pinhole camera and make beautiful photos from it, more power to them. If they use Hassy's and Leaf digital backs that cost more than most sports cars and make beautiful photos, more power to them.

Use what works for you and don't worry about what the next guy is shooting...

Last edited by MRRiley; 06-29-2007 at 11:00 AM.
06-29-2007, 05:39 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
a little off topic, but still "digital vs. film":

one thing I might miss when my son grows up is to take him into the darkroom and turn on the enlarger for a few seconds, drop that clean white piece of paper into the developer, and watch an image appear.

Absolute magic.
06-29-2007, 05:59 PM   #48
Veteran Member

I'm no pro, so I guess I could fall into the poser category. IN MY OPINION, my pictures have improved greatly by switching to digital. Not in the way you may think. To me it seems the quality is a touch less than 35mm film. However, the content, exposure, and composition of my shots has improved the most. I think its the ease of use, and instant feedback that make it easier to take a very good picture with digital than with film. But, IN MY OPINION, film (35mm) still has the potential to take better pictures than digital. BTW, I own a k10d and gx-1l with some pretty nice glass.
06-29-2007, 11:58 PM   #49
PDL
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by khardur Quote
a little off topic, but still "digital vs. film":

one thing I might miss when my son grows up is to take him into the darkroom and turn on the enlarger for a few seconds, drop that clean white piece of paper into the developer, and watch an image appear.

Absolute magic.
This is something that all photographers should see at least once and it is the one thing that miss the most. I remember picking the image out of the soup and exhaling on it to raise the temp of at the spot - to increase the development process - or rubbing the image quickly so friction would heat up the paper.

But the magic of watching your work come up from blank to a real image -- that is indeed priceless.

PDL