Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2007, 09:21 AM   #1
Forum Member

Staying RAW

How do I keep my K100D from reverting to Jpeg from RAW when I turn it off/back on?

Any way to keep it in auto-bracket?

Why doesn't my camera obey me?

(I've tried reading the manual but I suffer from male-related instruction and asking directions dysfunction.)

06-26-2007, 04:31 PM   #2

On the K10D it the option is under record mode change file format to RAW or RAW+, depending on which you want...
06-27-2007, 08:55 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
FYI, when I change from RAW to JPG using the Record mode menu on my K100D, the setting stays when I turn the camera off.
Steve
06-27-2007, 02:39 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Press 'Menu'. You should already be in the 'Rec. Mode' section, scroll down to 'File Format', press '>' and select either RAW/RAW+ then press OK.

Happened to me too - the manual strongly suggested that you could use the external 'RAW' button to make permanent changes to what you shoot, but I found that it would revert back to its initial setting (jpg) whenever I turned the camera off then on, and even after I'd viewed some photos.