Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2010, 02:47 AM   #1
Inactive Account

K10D RAW+ override ?

All of a sudden my K10D seems to be defaulting to RAW+ and multi shot instead of JPEG and single shot? I`m usually on P or Sv.
Has anyone seen this before - any ideas?
thanks Don!!

01-10-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Not sure what you mean by "defaulting to". Do you mean if you go into the menu and change it to JPEG and single shot, it changes itself back to RAW+ and multi mode at some point? When - after powering off? Or just randomly? Is there an option in the menu called "memory" to control what settings survive a power cycle?
01-10-2010, 10:42 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I just looked at the menu on my K10D. There is a setting in the "Memory" menu to save the drive mode. If that were set on, and you had the camera in continuous shot mode when you turned it off, it would remember that the next time you turned it on.

However, I did not see a setting for File format in the "Memory" menu. The file format setting is, however, persistent. That is, once set, it retains that setting until you change it.

Check your Memory menu to see if Drive Mode is selected. Or check your Drive Mode menu (press the Fn button) and set it back to single shot mode.

Check the Rec. Mode menu and make sure that it is set to record in Jpeg (if that's what you want).