Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2007, 11:03 AM   #16
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by davek Quote
You can say that again. Lots of interesting weather on the way home from work last night. Grabbed the camera, prepared to fire.... nothing.... Check settings, should be ok... nothing.... seeing ----- on the LCD? What's that? Panic..... look at rear screen "No Card"

sigh.
I've been there as well. No card, it's in the computer at home and the spare is sitting beside it on the desk etc. So one day I was looking at my trusty old PZ-1p that hasn't seen a roll of film in far too long and realized the strap had 2 pockets on it for the viewfinder and flash covers. Humm wonder if a card would fit in that pocket.... It does. So the original strap is now off and the old PZ strap is back at work with 2 spare cards at the ready. If you have an older camera around or see one of these straps on Ebay then grab it. It works great for this.

Ps. Now all the new Ebay listings will have no straps or a shoelace strap on them. Lol

06-22-2007, 02:22 PM   #17
Veteran Member

By the way, this happens quite often with all sorts of lenses. On my DS, some of the older F series lenses won't work if you turn them all the way on the mount. I find I have to back them off just a little from fully mounted occasionally to get the contacts to meet properly. Doesn't seem to happen with DA lenses tho.

Welcome aboard.