Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-15-2010, 10:35 PM   #16

I just bought a red one (although I was coveting the orange).
Hell, you can get ANY camera in black, it kinda makes the Pentax unique.

I like the fact that they went there.

Just my way of "stickin' it to the Man" . . . don't taze me dude.

01-16-2010, 05:44 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
I have been using my white Kx since November, and most people that see it ask what kind of camera it is. The people that ask really like the white color, I have been shooting at night, so having this white box, no one seems to be worried about my presence at all.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/51734d1263689000-k-x-best-body-color-street-shooting-saldo-store.jpg
Attached Images

01-17-2010, 05:28 AM   #18
Forum Member

I own the navy-blue one....In fact it's the one in Denis' 4 K-x photo.

I find that it blends in very well, especially if you're wearing denim
Besides, dSLRs are so common these days pple tend not to be too bothered by someone carrying it.
01-17-2010, 05:51 AM   #19
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
My money's on silver for being the least noticed.

I don't think black is good - it doesn't really make it any less noticeable and only associates you with the paparazzi. Silver makes you look more like an harmless amateur. I think white would result in too many 'wow that's a cool camera' faces, and red you'd just get odd looks.

Duncan.

01-17-2010, 09:57 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd say that the colorful ones will definitely draw the eye: our eyes are instinctively-drawn to shiny and colorful things: that's why the black's the traditional 'pro' color,anyway. I'd keep it to subdued, dark, or earth-tones, if you don't want to draw attention from your subjects. It's not really about 'hiding,' just not being a distraction.

That navy blue doesn't look too bad, though, if you wanted to be a little different without waving anything too flashy. There's olive and sand colored ones, too, but those might just look too military for comfort.

There might be some advantage to the more-toylike colors making the gear look cheap and whimsical, in some places, though.
01-19-2010, 12:23 PM   #21

I have the white k-x and so far - very happy with it. Recently took some candid street scenes during a festival in PR - came out better than I expected and no one seemed the least bit bothered that I was pointing a camera at them.
01-21-2010, 05:26 PM   #22

I just received my new k-x yesterday.

This is one RED mother . . . redder'n all getout.
This thing is Antarctica helicopter red.

01-21-2010, 11:21 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
I dont think it makes one gram of difference which color you use. A camera is a camera is a camera, regardless of the color of the shell...one over another isn't going to make you any less noticeable, more stealth, more this that or the other.

Just get out there and shoot, act normal and natural and forget the covert nonsense, it only makes people look like creeps.

Jason

Agreed!
01-22-2010, 08:33 AM   #24

The variable is the person holding the camera and not the color of the camera you're holding.