Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2010, 01:51 AM   #1

Pentax k-x '' card error '' message

I just buy it Pentax k-x and TRAXDATA 16GB card ,and very often i get this error ''card error'' or ''unable to save '' .

I must change card ? because work fine on pc. maybe it is a camera issue

01-13-2010, 05:13 AM   #2
Pentaxian

It's most likely a card issue. Cameras are very sensitive to the type of card that goes into them.
Before you blame your camera, try a known high quality card such as a Sandisk Extreme (and make sure you aren't buying a fake one off the internet).
01-13-2010, 06:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
It's most likely a card issue. Cameras are very sensitive to the type of card that goes into them.
Before you blame your camera, try a known high quality card such as a Sandisk Extreme (and make sure you aren't buying a fake one off the internet).
Agreed, I've never heard of Traxdata - where was the card purchased? Did you format the card in the camera before using it? That could also be an issue, but likely it is actually the card and not the camera.
01-13-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Soorry, but on russian TRAX (трах) means 4-letter word F...

Don't buy cheap cards of unknown brands.
Kingston, Sandisk, Transcend, Apacer - they are good.

I prefer Kingston (as several transcends failed after some use).

01-13-2010, 01:17 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zebooka Quote
Don't buy cheap cards of unknown brands.
Kingston, Sandisk, Transcend, Apacer - they are good.
I have two 16GB class 6 Transcend SDHC cards failing in the last 2 months.

Lifetime warranty is good. Just fill out the RMA request form on the web, send the bad card in, Transcend sends the replacement in about 2 weeks.

But two failing in 2 months is too much.

This morning another 16GB class 6 Transcend SDHC card failed. PC can't read it. K-7 says "memory card error."

The cards have not been abused in any way, nor even used extensively. I have a bunch of 4GB and 8GB Kingston cards that are used more than the Transcend cards.

Transcend lifetime warranty is good. But I'd rather not use any warranty. No more Transcend cards for me.