Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2010, 04:48 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
sr won't turn on .

Never understood what was so great about shake reduction . When I did test shots there was no difference whether on or off . Took my glasses off today and looked through the view finder and realized that even when the switch was on the indicator never came on . took some shots and checked the info and sure enough it is showing the off symbol . Tried default resets and also removed batteries overnight , still no luck . I now believe sr never worked . Anyone have any idea whats wrong ? ( pentax 200 d )

01-13-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Hi, SR doesn't come on immediately when you half press the shutter button, it take half a second or so. Is it possible you're just actuating the shutter too quickly. It will only really make a difference at slow shutter speeds as well.
01-13-2010, 06:44 PM   #3

Original Poster
shake reduction

I can wait all day and it never comes on. Called pentax and the teck person wasn't any help .
01-13-2010, 08:11 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
One time I still had my drive mode in remote (or remote 3 sec). . . that will keep the SR from turning on. Self timer will too, but that is a little more obvious. ;-)

01-14-2010, 01:09 PM   #5

Original Poster
Checked drive mode and its on single shot . It's not worth sending it in for repair and since you can't miss what you never had why worry about it . I will have to keep useing my other form of sr ( my tripod ) . Thanks for your help .
01-14-2010, 01:18 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Post an image with EXIF intact.
01-14-2010, 01:24 PM   #7
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yep, would be good to know what lens, modes and settings you had for those failed SR shots.

Try having the switch on the 'on' position before turning on the camera, then turn the camera on and review the initial info screen to see that SR was indeed registered as being enabled by the camera. Then try again with a longer shutter speed than 1/focal length.

By the way, have you noticed SR ever working for you previously?

01-14-2010, 02:29 PM   #8

Original Poster
I have tried different settings with no luck. 55-300 & 18-55 are my lenses. I have had the camera for a year and I don't think it ever worked. I do wear glasses and you can't see the display in the viewfinde unless you take them off . Since I never looked for the on symbol in the past I really don't know if it ever went on . My feeling is that it never worked .