Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2010, 10:02 PM   #1
Veteran Member

My first experience with the new repair dept in Arizona...

I have had two K10D's and two 540 flashes in the Arizona shop now for about !! WEEKS. So I was doing the live chat with pentaximaging.com to find out what's going on and they gave me the number to the repair department.....

I called em and they basically just told me I need to ask my camera shop what is going on since they were sent to repair via them. WTF late return, no update, cold customer service...

This is a stark contrast to times where I've just called to inquire how to rush, explained that I'm a working photog and BAM 72 hr turnaround....

WTF Arizona.

I hope this isn't a sign of a bad repair service we now have....

01-13-2010, 10:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
p.s. i made sure to ask at the end of my three minute conversation.....after getting cut off with 'you need to ask the camera shop', i asked 'hey is this the new repair department in arizona?' she said yes.
01-14-2010, 01:48 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
No=one has anything to say....SO.....have any of you guys got some GOOD to say about Pentax service and repair??? I see posts like this and I pray nothing goes wrong with my gear!!!!! Does Pentax(read Hoya) care anymore?
01-14-2010, 02:06 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not Arizona... but I sent my K20D a couple of months back to the service centre in Spain (Reflecta).

Turnaround was around 1 month and came back like new... I was happy with the service.

01-15-2010, 08:16 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I recently had sent my K20D to Arizona for repair service due to focussing issues. The service was great, repaired to perfection. The only thing which worried me was the timeline. they said it takes 6 weeks to get the repair done, and according to my experience, it took exactly 6 weeks. The CS people informed me what was wrong only after the repair was done. It was suprising that they stick to a specific timeframe of 6 weeks. In the end, i was happy that the repair was done
01-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Daveinozbikes Quote
No=one has anything to say....SO.....have any of you guys got some GOOD to say about Pentax service and repair??? I see posts like this and I pray nothing goes wrong with my gear!!!!! Does Pentax(read Hoya) care anymore?
The Mississauga (the one in Canada) folks seem friendly and they will replace an SDM motor in less than a week.

Last edited by asdf; 01-15-2010 at 10:37 AM.
01-15-2010, 12:02 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by asdf Quote
The Mississauga (the one in Canada) folks seem friendly and they will replace an SDM motor in less than a week.
Well, they have had lots of practice!

NaCl(just had to add that)H2O

01-15-2010, 12:54 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Well, they have had lots of practice!

NaCl(just had to add that)H2O
Since the population in the U.S.A. is about ten times larger than Canada, I'd say your guys have a lot more experience.
01-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I sent my DA21 to the Arizona office and I had no problems.