Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2010, 03:43 AM   #1

K-7 shake reduction only in green mode

I have just purchased my K-7 and I am trying to set up various parameters. I have SR on in Green mode (was on by default) but I cannot turn it on in any other mode as it is always greyed out in the menu.
I have carefully read the manual and I have looked for answers in this forum but cannot find any.
Please help as I am worried something is wrong.
I have checked the firmware version and it is 1.00. I know I can update to 1.02 but am a bit nervous as I have never update firmware before (I have read the thread and instructions etc.)

01-16-2010, 10:39 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hmm ... not sure, I don't have K7, but at first please do a reset.
There are two resets, one in the Set-up menu and one in the custom functions menu.

See also the manual on p. 134, where SR is not available.
01-16-2010, 10:52 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I access it by pressing the INFO button and using the 4 way controller to navigate to the correct icon
01-16-2010, 12:45 PM   #4
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeOz Quote
I have just purchased my K-7 and I am trying to set up various parameters. I have SR on in Green mode (was on by default) but I cannot turn it on in any other mode as it is always greyed out in the menu.
I have carefully read the manual and I have looked for answers in this forum but cannot find any.
Please help as I am worried something is wrong.
I have checked the firmware version and it is 1.00. I know I can update to 1.02 but am a bit nervous as I have never update firmware before (I have read the thread and instructions etc.)
I have a K-7. I checked it again as I wrote the message. I recommend that you try the following:
- Put the camedra in P-mode; that is the most common and useful mode in my opionion.
- Then Switch On the camera, and Press menu;
- Using the right arrow, go to Menu 4;
- Then, in Menu 4, press the Down arrow to Shake Reduction (SR).

If you see the "Hand" Green light on, the shake reduction (SR) is On. On the negative it is off (you see a red line across the green Hand). To switch On the SR, continue the following:

- Once Shake Reduction (in Menu 4) is selected, Press OK.
- The Green "Hand" light comes on.
- The Press Menu again and that is it!.

NOTE on the Green Mode
In the Green mode, the SR is in the Menu No. 1, at the bottom. It is On by default, even if the SR is Off in the P-mode.

In summary: put you K-7 in the P-Mode. That is the most common mode to all K-7 users. And leave it there !

Then Press Menu and go to Menu 4. Then go down to SR and Press OK to switch it On. (Green Hand means On, and Green Hand crossed by a red light means Off.)

I hope that it will help.

Last edited by hcc; 01-16-2010 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Typos
01-16-2010, 02:07 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you all for your input.
I was accessing the Menu OK but the option to set SR was not available (greyed out).
The answer was in the Manual p.134 (thanks blende8) where it talks about lenses without an A position. I set CUSTOM (37) to Permitted and I have little green hands everywhere!

Last edited by MikeOz; 01-16-2010 at 11:16 PM.