Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2010, 05:05 AM   #1
Inactive Account

TV mode problem k 100 Super

Hi

I seem to have a problem using my TV mode on my K 100 super, I only got it recently.

When I set the shutter speed, and take a picture, the aperture does not change, and I though the aperture would set correctly to your chosen shutter speed, so anyway I only get black pictures, because the aperture is wrong.

Can you help?

01-16-2010, 09:18 AM   #2

You did not say what lens series you are using. If it an FA lens you need to set the apature ring to A for the auto function to work. Otherwise you may want to try cleanibg the electrical contacts on the lens and camera.
01-18-2010, 12:37 PM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ktmkid111 Quote
Hi

I seem to have a problem using my TV mode on my K 100 super, I only got it recently.

When I set the shutter speed, and take a picture, the aperture does not change, and I though the aperture would set correctly to your chosen shutter speed, so anyway I only get black pictures, because the aperture is wrong.

Can you help?

You are getting black pictures because you are using TOO fast of a shutter speed. Whatever aperture is required for proper exposure (with your shutter speed and ISO) is no supported by your lens. Are you setting it to ISO100, 1/4000 indoors by any chance? When you go into Av mode with the lens wide open, what shutter speed are you getting?

With Tv, you run the risk of underexposed images if the aperture can not open up wide enough. With Av, you run the risk of blurred images if the shutter speed is too slow.
01-18-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum.
There isn't enough information here for us to clearly identify the problem.
The earlier suggestion that your lens may not be in A mode on the aperture ring may be the issue.
But you could also be using a non-A lens, in which case none of the camera modes will work other than M mode with stop-down metering (if this is the problem and you don't understand this concept, have a look at the article section of this forum for your particular lens/camera combination in manual shooting).

All the best.