Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2010, 10:47 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
KX in Japanese colors from Amazon Japan

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I was doing some reading in another area about the new TC that apparently is only available in Japan, and someone posted a link to Amazon.japan that carries it.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/85178-pentax-f-1-7x-auto-focus-tc-5.html

Then, I remembered someone posting asking about how they might buy a KX in colors only available in Japan. So here is the Amazon.Japan web page for the KX and they list the colors and prices....

Amazon.co.jp: pentax kx - 家電&カメラ: 家電・カメラ

Here it is using Google translate page
Google Translate

and here is the yen to dollar conversion page via google
Explore Google Search

PS - I do not have a clue how customs and delivery goes via Amazon.japan

... so my question is how are the wild orange, Lego yellow, shocking green, hot pink and purple KXs selling?

01-17-2010, 10:00 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I don't think there is a new TC out from Pentax (yet?). The one shown on Amazon appears to be the same old 1.7x TC.

- Jason
01-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #3

You can't have electronics shipped through amazon.co.jp.

"Health & Beauty, Sports & Outdoor, Toys & Hobbies, software, games, game consoles, Electronics, Home & Kitchen items and adult products can be shipped only to locations within Japan. Books, CDs, DVDs, and videos can be shipped to international addresses."

Also, Amazon's international shipping fees are kind of high anyway. To have a book shipped it's a 2,700en charge plus 300en per item. There are services like Rinkya.com, however, that will buy the item for you and have it shipped to an international address.
10-17-2010, 06:58 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
why are these amazing color choices not available here in the us????
you would think pentax would have access on their site to order these.
do we have to be stuck with boring camera bodies?!