Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2010, 02:33 AM   #16
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
The chart, as 1/15th, Pentax comes out pretty poor - less than half the # of ok shots compared to anyone else... sad

01-19-2010, 08:12 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
The chart, as 1/15th, Pentax comes out pretty poor - less than half the # of ok shots compared to anyone else... sad
Note that with the Pentax, they didn't use a Pentax lens. Are you 100% certain that the Stigma lens is absolutely mating properly with the Pentax firmware?
I've read other "tests" that say Pentax SR is as effective as anyone elses, that it is perhaps a stop less effective than anyone elses, etc.
Until you know the test procedure, and know that said test is done under perfectly controlled circumstances with perfect repeatability (I suspect that most tests of this sort are a guy taking pictures out his window, which is hardly scientific), there just isn't much point in paying attention to them, much less reading them.
Not also that even if Pentax's SR is less effective, it applies to any lens that can mount, not just a select few rather expensive ones.
For a lot of people, this is an acceptable compromise.
01-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have had usable shots from incredabily slow shutter speeds with my K10D. The K7 is by most accounts even better. I can understand some of the pot shots people take at Pentax but the in body SR is one of their best features and is always mentioned as a plus by most of the credible review sites. It works on ANY lens.
01-19-2010, 10:06 AM   #19
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
nah they seem legit, do this test with charts etc - I'll scan in the tech bits when I get home