Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2007, 06:54 AM   #1

K10D Problems

I bought my K10D back in January and it has behaved itself properly until recently. Firstly, an inordinate amount of dust has collected behind the 2.5" screen and one reason I bought the thing was the 72 DUST and water seals claiming dust and water proofness.

Secondly the USB2 connection seems a little dodgy. It does not connect to my mac unless the cable is in a certain position. The cable is not at fault since the same thing happens with other cables. It's almost as if having the cable in a certain position forces the connector in the camera into such a position that is makes contact.

i'm thinking of sending it back to pentax. What do you think?

06-24-2007, 07:52 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would send it in for repair. The diagram for this camera shows a gasket specifically for the LCD screen so there shouldn't be dust in there. This has been mentioned by a couple people on this forum so I think a few left the factory with a bad seal.

The cord thing also sounds out of the ordinary, although I don't use the camera to connect to the computer so I have no experience in that area. I always use a card reader. If it weren't for the dust behind the LCD I would just recommend using a reader instead of connecting the camera since I is easier and doesn't use camera power, but in your case I would send it in.
06-26-2007, 04:33 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The SD slot is not sealed when open and that's how the dust gets underneath the LCD plastic. As to the USB2 slot, better have it checked under warranty.
06-26-2007, 04:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by davemdsn Quote
The diagram for this camera shows a gasket specifically for the LCD screen
What diagram are you referring to?