Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2010, 07:23 AM   #16
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by K7er Quote
I called and they said the post-mark has to be within 30 days. I don't find any mention of that in their rebate form though:
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/00/00/06/34/75/77/634757770._V227463934_.pdf
QuoteOriginally posted by Aegon Quote
Your link didn't work for me, but here's a link to the Pentax Imaging source:
http://www.pentaximaging.com/pdf/K-7_LensesRebate.pdf

If you look in the paragraph immediately before "Mail To:", you'll see the condition. "Your submission must be postmarked within 30 days of purchase."

Maybe the form that you tried to link to is different.
K7er's rebate surely does not mention the 30-day requirement. 30 days should not be an assumption if it is not written in the rebate form. The rebate should have been honored.

When purchasing an item with a rebate, I make sure I use a credit card. I document/copy fully all the rebate requirements, including the original form and UPCs, and usually send it certified/registered mail.

When I don't receive the rebate or it is denied without a valid reason, I put in a dispute with my credit card company for the amount of the rebate. Because of my careful documentation, I have never been cheated out of a rebate ... I have always won all disputes. Sometimes the refund issuer will just allow the rebate without me providing documentation ... I guess they review my original submission and realize it was their fault in denying it.

01-24-2010, 08:15 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Rebate Hoops one must jump thru to get your money back

Rebate Hoops one must jump thru to get your money back are schemes that no longer make me buy a product.

You only lost what, $100 ? No biggie. I lost $300 in 2008 on two unfullfilled rebate scams and I've bought zero products based on ANY Mail Away & Pray Rebate Schemes since.

Be happy you didn't bundle up several pentax lenses at additional loss of $100 each when you bought your K-7.

Maybe you should file a complaint with BBB on Pentax. They recently rasied their "F" rating to "C-" so maybe they care more lately about customer dissatisfaction complaints logged in at BBB in Colorado ?

Could very well be worth a Benjamin to you ???

PENTAX Imaging Company - Manufacturers & Producers - Better Business Bureau
01-24-2010, 05:00 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dlacouture Quote
Well, at least you bought it during the rebate duration...

I bought mine 2 weeks before it started...

Bought mine ONE week before it started..
01-25-2010, 10:46 AM   #19

Photos: Albums
Bought mine 4 days before it started! (I think I am in first place!)

02-04-2010, 07:57 AM   #20
Inactive Account

I bought mine ONE DAY before it ended, but then they announced the rebate was extended for one more month; dunno, should I feel cheated
anyway, what I wanted to ask - where is that site where you can track the rebate?
02-04-2010, 12:49 PM   #21

I got my submission notice in email on Jan. 14, but the notice only included the K7 w/ kitlens. The 50-200 WR still isn't listed.

I'm hoping they don't manage to "forget" about the second lens I submitted.

update: Got the confirmation email about my rebate. The rebate amount listed was changed to $200. So even though the product description remains K7 w/ Kitlens, the rebate I'll be getting is correct. Hooray!

Last edited by gooberlx; 02-08-2010 at 04:23 PM.
02-19-2010, 03:05 AM   #22
Inactive Account

I can't find any rebate tracking on the pentaximaging site, can anyone provide a link here? My rebate was submitted almost a month ago with no response whatsoever. thanks a lot.
02-19-2010, 07:29 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Only a month? You haven't waited nearly long enough. I didn't get a response for nearly two months, and then it was 5 more weeks until I finally got my card. It did finally work out in the end, though.

Here's the site: http://www.rebate-zone.com/pentax

02-22-2010, 05:05 AM   #24
Inactive Account

aerodave, thanks, I had no clue as to how long was the wait supposed to be. I found my rebate on the tracking site, it says that it is in processing.
03-11-2010, 04:28 PM   #25
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gooberlx Quote
I got my submission notice in email on Jan. 14, but the notice only included the K7 w/ kitlens. The 50-200 WR still isn't listed.

I'm hoping they don't manage to "forget" about the second lens I submitted.

update: Got the confirmation email about my rebate. The rebate amount listed was changed to $200. So even though the product description remains K7 w/ Kitlens, the rebate I'll be getting is correct. Hooray!
This is good to hear.

I got my K-7 w/ kit lens and DA70 during the extension, and I haven't got an e-mail or letter yet. But I have been checking online at the www.rebate-zone.com/pentax site, which says the submission is being processed.

But, as yours did, mine mentions only the K-7 and kit lens.

Sure hope it all works out. But I photographed all the submission materials, so at least I have something to go on.

FWIW, I just got my $200 rebate from Epson last week. Bought the R2880 at the very end of the rebate period in early December. The check was cut in early February, but it took another four weeks to reach me.

Ah, rebates. . . .
03-11-2010, 05:50 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
So here's my rebate experience: I got a postcard a month or so ago saying the rebate was invalid because I was past the date, but the website said it was still under processing. I hadn't had a chance to call them and explain I was within the date, but just the other day I got an email stating my rebate was on its way. So weird...