Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
Forum Member

K7 rebate denied

I bought my K7 off amazon when the rebate offer was on, and Pentax has denied my rebate saying the UPC is not good. Any ideas?

Thanks!

01-21-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

are you a citizen of the united states?

did they send you back the UPC cut out?
01-21-2010, 01:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Tell Amazon.
01-21-2010, 01:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Well, at least you bought it during the rebate duration...

I bought mine 2 weeks before it started...

01-21-2010, 02:34 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Was this the K-7 kit, with the lens and camera in one box? They've had problems processing those single-UPC submissions, but they're aware of the problem and are fixing it.

I got an error message on the rebate tracking website a couple weeks ago, saying I didn't send in all the required UPCs. I had purchased the K-7 kit that has one UPC, and they expected separate bar codes for the body and the lens. I called the rebate processing company, and the very helpful girl I spoke with said they had already recieved a lot of calls about that issue and were busy trying to fix it. She said she would forward my case to the people who are working with Pentax to clear up this mess. She explained that the rebate processing people are given clear instructions by the manufacturer, and are not allowed to make exceptions, even when common sense dictates otherwise. (I totally understand that they're just doing their jobs...this is Pentax's fault for not knowing their own packaging when they wrote the rebate rules.)

She ended our conversation with a reassurance that it would be fixed for all affected people and I'd get my kit rebate in a few weeks. So the next day, my status error had disappeared, and it's back to simply "processing". That's encouraging.

If any of you still have the same error on the tracking website (caused by having only one UPC for the entire kit), call the number at the bottom of the rebate form and talk to someone. They seem willing to help.
01-21-2010, 04:20 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Hmm... I called and they said the post-mark has to be within 30 days. I don't find any mention of that in their rebate form though:
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/00/00/06/34/75/77/634757770._V227463934_.pdf
01-21-2010, 04:33 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Your link didn't work for me, but here's a link to the Pentax Imaging source:
http://www.pentaximaging.com/pdf/K-7_LensesRebate.pdf

If you look in the paragraph immediately before "Mail To:", you'll see the condition. "Your submission must be postmarked within 30 days of purchase."

Maybe the form that you tried to link to is different.

01-21-2010, 05:18 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Thanks for the info, I too was confused about the one UPC thing when doing the rebate. I hope they figure it out by the time they process mine...
01-22-2010, 09:01 AM   #9

Can you guys tell me which line is used to track the rebate? Many thanks
01-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Not saying this is the case, but with rebates they will look for any and all excuse to deny the claim. Retailers and manufacturers know that only a certain % of rebates will be submitted, and that only x% of those will be without fault. If there's a problem they deny it and this is part of the marketing strategy.
01-22-2010, 03:54 PM   #11
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by sebberry Quote
Not saying this is the case, but with rebates they will look for any and all excuse to deny the claim. Retailers and manufacturers know that only a certain % of rebates will be submitted, and that only x% of those will be without fault. If there's a problem they deny it and this is part of the marketing strategy.

Spot on. That's why they do it as a rebate rather than simply lowering the price.
01-22-2010, 06:52 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K7er Quote
Hmm... I called and they said the post-mark has to be within 30 days. I don't find any mention of that in their rebate form though:
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/00/00/06/34/75/77/634757770._V227463934_.pdf
thats a pretty standard policy.....
01-23-2010, 12:17 PM   #13
Veteran Member

They also denied my rebate because of the UPC code. I called, finally managed to talk to a person - if you say "agent Q" to the automated voice, this will get you a person. I told her there was nothing wrong with the UPC code and, amazing, they approved the rebate. Of course, I still haven't received it yet (I have to wait another 6-8 weeks for processing).
We had the same problem with a printer that took months to resolve but my husband wouldn't back down and the rebate company finally did. Keep plugging away at them.
01-23-2010, 02:51 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
They also denied my rebate because of the UPC code. I called, finally managed to talk to a person - if you say "agent Q" to the automated voice, this will get you a person. I told her there was nothing wrong with the UPC code and, amazing, they approved the rebate. Of course, I still haven't received it yet (I have to wait another 6-8 weeks for processing).
We had the same problem with a printer that took months to resolve but my husband wouldn't back down and the rebate company finally did. Keep plugging away at them.
That's exactly what you need to do. Glad you had positive results.

(And it's "agent queue" )
01-23-2010, 05:05 PM   #15
Inactive Account

I ordered my K-7 online the day before the rebate started. My credit card was charged several days into the rebate. Sent a copy of credit card bill. Didn't matter. They denied it.