Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2010, 03:45 PM   #1

K-X Problem, Can't read viewfinder info under daylight

Hi everybody, I have a k-x problem. Under low light conditions or inside buildings i can see all the viewfinder info without any problem, but when try in the street, under daylight, i canīt read the viewfinder information.

I have read something about automatic brightness control in the viewfinder info, but I donīt know if i have changed any configuration or is a problem of the camera. Can anyone help please ?

Thanks in advance.

Blas

01-22-2010, 01:44 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't know about the K-x specifically, but you're describing is a general issue with most DSLR's - an optical viewfinder presents you with a *lot* of light when used in bright sunshine, and there's pretty much no way for the LED's in the viewfinder to compete. You learn to adjust - how to squint just right to hel you see what is there, or how to get by without having to see the display in the first place. On cameras that have top LCD's, many refer to that instead when they need to check on a setting; on the K-x, you'd use the rear LCD.
01-23-2010, 02:04 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you very much.

I think than a week ago i saw better the info, now i don't see anything. Perhaps it is because it wasn't as sunny days as this week in spain.

Regards
01-26-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
Inactive Account

I agree. My viewfinder info seems a bit dim when pointed at a bright source. I think black text on a white background would be better, but would probably cost more money.

What's really strange about this is that there is a function to adjust the brightness of the power light by the shutter. You can set it to low and you can turn it off. They can do that for the power light but they can't do it for the viewfinder information??

Last edited by Graystar; 01-27-2010 at 02:34 PM.