Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
Forum Member




Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Norway
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 74
What Pentax can take (K7)

AlunFoto - PESO/Snowproofed

01-24-2010, 03:07 PM   #2
Veteran Member
GoremanX's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Georgia, VT
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,652
Yeah, I've been doing that a lot lately Although I don't think I would've done that to the flash. It's not WR like the rest of the camera is.
01-24-2010, 03:07 PM   #3
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,600
Impressive!

What was the ambient temperature?
01-24-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
Forum Member




Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Norway
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 74
Original Poster
No idea, Not mine. But when snow sticks like that, its probably not that cold. But then again, if it,s the right kind of snow it wold stick in cold weather too. So who knows,

01-24-2010, 03:26 PM   #5
Veteran Member
GoremanX's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Georgia, VT
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,652
Dude! Is the DA* 16-50mm really that huge?!?

edit: p.s. That's a terrible picture of snow...
01-24-2010, 04:18 PM   #6
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 285
What about a ... Shower?!?

This guy is treating his K-7 even worse ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op9mBbo92Ik
01-24-2010, 05:43 PM   #7
Veteran Member
GoremanX's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Georgia, VT
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,652
QuoteOriginally posted by Noisychip Quote
This guy is treating his K-7 even worse ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op9mBbo92Ik
That's amusing, but silly. I'd like to see a "do not try this at home" disclaimer somewhere for those idiots who think that's a good way to show off their expensive camera's weather sealing.

(running a camera under a shower head does not constitute "submerging")
01-24-2010, 06:38 PM   #8
Veteran Member
heliphoto's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Region 5
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,540
QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote
Dude! Is the DA* 16-50mm really that huge?!?

edit: p.s. That's a terrible picture of snow...
That's the DA* 50-135mm ... the *16-50's bulky, but not that long.

01-24-2010, 06:40 PM   #9
Veteran Member
heliphoto's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Region 5
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,540
QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote
That's amusing, but silly. I'd like to see a "do not try this at home" disclaimer somewhere for those idiots who think that's a good way to show off their expensive camera's weather sealing.

(running a camera under a shower head does not constitute "submerging")
Yeah, I've heard of several people ruining their pentax by rinsing it in sink or shower water . Must have good insurance...
01-25-2010, 12:42 AM   #10
Veteran Member
GoremanX's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Georgia, VT
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,652
QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
That's the DA* 50-135mm ... the *16-50's bulky, but not that long.
That's what I thought, although it looks somewhat different than my DA* 50-135mm, not sure why.

I was misled by the file data below the picture. I guess that means the picture was taken with a DA* 16-50mm. Again, terrible picture of snow...
01-25-2010, 12:50 AM   #11
Senior Member
netrex's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Alta
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 279
QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote
That's what I thought, although it looks somewhat different than my DA* 50-135mm, not sure why.

I was misled by the file data below the picture. I guess that means the picture was taken with a DA* 16-50mm. Again, terrible picture of snow...
I really don't think that's the 50-135mm. Mine didn't look like that, I'm guessing 60-250mm instead since it's equally think/thin throughout the length of the lens. And the different shapes on the rubber of the zoom and focus rings look like the 60-250mm as well.
01-25-2010, 12:51 AM   #12
Veteran Member
icywarm's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Saskatchewan
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,276
So should I try this with my k-x?
01-25-2010, 12:53 AM   #13
Veteran Member
heliphoto's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Region 5
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,540
QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote
That's what I thought, although it looks somewhat different than my DA* 50-135mm, not sure why.
...
I know what you mean, I think the hood looks too short... maybe it's a DA* 60-250mm??? (- I always forget about that one).
01-25-2010, 12:56 AM   #14
Senior Member
netrex's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Alta
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 279
QuoteOriginally posted by icywarm Quote
So should I try this with my k-x?
If it's cold enough for it to not melt, and the camera is tempered too, sure, just wipe off the snow before you enter warmer areas

I'd use a rain cover though, just to be sure.
01-25-2010, 01:07 AM   #15
Veteran Member
GoremanX's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Georgia, VT
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,652
QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
I know what you mean, I think the hood looks too short... maybe it's a DA* 60-250mm??? (- I always forget about that one).
What confuses me is the gap between the focus and zoom rings. It's much wider than on my DA* 50-135. So my guess would be that it's a DA* 60-250mm.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, photography
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:47 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top