Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2010, 12:59 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by er1kksen Quote
Again, though, snowmelt would be unlikely to cause such a problem but if you're still worried then the WR lens is always nice to have. Plus it looks cooler.
Yes it certainly would look cooler but just for my dog and few hungry birds . Anyway some people say snow water is more invasive, probably it's an urban legend, I know it's off topic but I feel like showing off, snow was like that in my backyard.

Last edited by cbaytan; 01-27-2010 at 03:09 PM.
01-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's a pretty good dump of the white stuff. Apparently we had about that much here a month ago, but I was gone. By the time I got back we had had our usual "january thaw..." a wonderful period of chilly sogginess, I can assure you.
01-27-2010, 05:32 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I find it odd that the WR wasn't around when the K200D was released. That would have been a really nice kit. Now the K200D is gone and the WR is here. Anyway, I don't shoot in the rain and I've learned that the kits focal range is pretty much all I need.

As mentioned a DA 15mm f/4 Ltd would be nice but, that is about 10 months of no coffee and snacks at work. I'll have to be very dedicated to not spend anything
01-27-2010, 05:56 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ajuett Quote
I find it odd that the WR wasn't around when the K200D was released. That would have been a really nice kit. Now the K200D is gone and the WR is here.
It's not that odd, Pentax designers weren't figured out that Pentax cameras wouldn't be weather resistant as they advertised (except some users who can afford 16-50* mm) yet at that time. Or they were on designing a WR kit lens..

01-27-2010, 06:21 PM   #20
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cbaytan Quote
It's not that odd, Pentax designers weren't figured out that Pentax cameras wouldn't be weather resistant as they advertised (except some users who can afford 16-50* mm) yet at that time. Or they were on designing a WR kit lens..
Just me being mildly curious

K-x should be WR as it really does replace the K200D (same price point but, much more advanced features and options).
01-27-2010, 11:17 PM   #21
Veteran Member

K-x should be WR as it really does replace the K200D (same price point but, much more advanced features and options).
Oh boy! we are inviting bunch of angry body gurus here, wall

I don't claim but I believe K-x is a replacement of K2000

Pentax K2000 First Thoughts
01-28-2010, 07:18 AM   #22
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cbaytan Quote
Oh boy! we are inviting bunch of angry body gurus here, :wall:

I don't claim but I believe K-x is a replacement of K2000

Pentax K2000 First Thoughts
Oh no!

No, not trying to making anyone upset here. If you look at the body style alone, then yes, the K-x replaces the K-m. If you look at the price point and the spec of today the K-x replaces the K200D except for WR.

Anyway, it really doesn't matter, the k-x is something I've wanted since the teaser was being shown on Pentax's site months ago.
01-29-2010, 05:35 AM   #23
Site Supporter

You can still get a new K200 if that's what you want. The K200 was sort of a dead end. There was no camera that followed it -- the K7 ended up being the follow up to both it and the K20, while a new, entry level line was launched with the K2000. Pentax really only has had two lines being sold at the same time, although often at the end of the life cycle of one, they may actually have three cameras being marketed at the same time.

The kx was launched and marketed as an entry level camera, nothing more or less. They decided to leave out weather sealing and visible auto focus points, as well as selling it with a cheaper, plastic mounted kit lens for just this reason.

01-29-2010, 07:01 AM   #24
Forum Member

Hi JewellTtrail, I remember you as well, thanks for the welcome.

My Dad used Pentax film SLRs so I pretty much grew up on Pentax. I started with Pentax digital however: grass is greener(?)/LBA/a little insanity and I was switching camera bodies and lenses like nobodies business. Pentax, to Nikon to Panasonic to Canon. For what I have no idea and my wallet suffered. For the past year I survived on a couple of P&S's until I could afford a dSLR again. Pentax the brand and this forum is where I feel more at home. Pentax has the right feel for me, the right features and the wonderful glass.

Thanks Jonson, it definitely shows the name well
I had the similar experience, went to Nikon (it's really quite advanced metering), then to micro43...then back to homeland. Everything just feels right, to me....but not the wife who thinks it's a sunset brand.
01-29-2010, 07:06 AM   #25
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
You can still get a new K200 if that's what you want.
I had the K200D in 2008, used many great lenses on it too. Definitely a great setup.

Having only used the K-x for a few days I already like it more as the ISO range and features in general are fantastic. I just hope the weather this weekend is good for a hike.
01-29-2010, 08:22 AM   #26
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Strap

That strap is off the chain... Looks like i will be on ebay tonite..
01-29-2010, 09:03 AM   #27
Veteran Member

I just hope the weather this weekend is good for a hike.
I'm hoping for bad weather to try my "bad weather" project and test those Pentax weather seals.
01-29-2010, 08:39 PM   #28
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by asdf Quote
I'm hoping for bad weather to try my "bad weather" project and test those Pentax weather seals.
Close the washroom door, crank up the hot water. ;-)

I've been waiting all week to get a chance to test my new K-x outside!