Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Shutter Actuations.

I have forgotten how to check the shutter actuations of the K10D. I would like to include this information in my 'For Sale' thread, in this forum, for any interested members.

01-26-2010, 08:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

easiet way is to check the exif of your latest photo with something like PhotoME
01-26-2010, 09:00 AM   #3
Veteran Member

also, if you bought the camera new, and never bothered to reformat/change the numbering of your images.. then whatever the image number is your shutter count.
01-26-2010, 10:26 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
also, if you bought the camera new, and never bothered to reformat/change the numbering of your images.. then whatever the image number is your shutter count.
Not if you also use digital preview. I used it a lot on my K10D, and still on the K-x, my image numbers don't reflect nearly how much the shutter has been used.

01-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
easiet way is to check the exif of your latest photo with something like PhotoME
Thanks, Gooshin.
01-26-2010, 10:53 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You can download the free version of PhotoMe from their website. Then take your latest picture and open it with the sw. In the exif information there is a shutter counter value. Keep in mind using digital preview counts as a shutter actuation and also, cameras usually get around 300 test actuations during manufacturing, so don't be alarmed if the shutter count is at least 300+ over the image number.
If you still have the very first picture taken with the camera, it will show how many actuations were made in manufacturing. I've seen anywhere between 250-400.

Thanks,