Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2010, 05:26 AM   #1
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
K-7 + HDMI output => photo frame?

Hello,

I was just wondering if this is either even possible, or if anyone had made something like this work?

I note that my K-7 has an HDMI output. Is is possible to use this and connect it to one of those cheap electronic picture frames, and thus display Live view on that picture frame? Then, by adding some flash mount bracket + adjoining ball mount onto the back of that picture display, sit it on the flash bracket and thus have, in effect, a tilting live view display?

Cheers

01-27-2010, 08:17 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That's a question I have asked myself quite often, too.
But I have never, ever seen a positive or negative report on that.
Isn't that strange?

What I have seen are posts of adding expensive field monitors (> $600) to the camera:
PENTAX DSLRs: More photos of the ikan V5600 LCD monitor installed on the Pentax K-7.
So, in principle, it works.

I am wondering why there is no more interest in this?
Adding an external larger, not too expensive display to the camera would be nice.
01-27-2010, 08:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote

I am wondering why there is no more interest in this?
Adding an external larger, not too expensive display to the camera would be nice.
Indeed
01-27-2010, 08:58 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Would over heating be a unpleasant side effect?

01-27-2010, 09:42 AM   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Interesting

I havn't been able to find a battery powered HDMI-in photo frame that does this but there's a company, lilliput, that distributes Chinese Lilliput screens of the same type that are used for those expensive field monitors.

They do one for approx 150 and according to a guy over at some video forums, it works perfectly well for video recording.

Seems to me no real reason why it wouldn't work for a camera too, although it lacks a DC battery input. Surely this sort of thing should be possible.