Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2010, 09:18 AM   #31
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
This past Christmas I bought my wife her first SLR, since I already own a K10D, MZ10,MZ7, 2 Spotmatics, 1 K1000 and an assortment of K-mount lenses of course it was going to be a Pentax. When I saw the Kx with it's optional colors it was a no brainer, I knew she would love a white camera so white it was.

She loves it, and likes the white color because when both our camera's are sitting on the table and she wants to get a picture of an Osprey coming over the house with a big fish or a white pelican gliding by, she knows which one to grab. Of course for me that's no problem, but to her DSLR's pretty well all look the same.

07-08-2010, 09:55 AM   #32
Veteran Member

I have a white one and it looks so stylish with that little chrome line.

But it should have been turquoise with a grass green grip and a soft blue kit!!!

If ever, Pentax, you hand us a new pro dslr (make it aps-c as I like light tele's, please, and oh, while we are at it, ff as an alternative would be nice, too, please): please make it available in turquoise in Europe, please. Thanks in advance.
07-08-2010, 12:27 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter

I finally saw someone walking around with a white one this past weekend. I really like the looks of the camera and have wanted one, but it sure isn't the camera for stealth. It really jumped out at me big-time. So I'll continue to sigh whenever I see a picture of one, hear someone talk about them and think that it would be nice, if only because I like being different.
07-08-2010, 01:05 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I love the white, it certainly is an eye grabber, but as I like to do birding, I wish there was an olive green in the US, like the special edition K-m.

It also does wonders to keep the camera cool. My lenses in the sun get hot to the touch. The K-x? nice and cool.

07-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Just to be devil's advocate in this thread:
I don't understand the 'being different' thing, it's a mass-produced camera. But each to their own. But if one camera fitted my needs and everyone else used it too, I'd still use it.

The thing I really don't get, is wanting people to notice/talk to you about your camera, just because it's a different colour. In my opinion, it's just a tool for getting photos. It's like talking to a painter about the colour of his brushes, when the painting is what matters, isn't it?
07-09-2010, 07:39 AM   #36
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CWyatt Quote
Just to be devil's advocate in this thread:
I don't understand the 'being different' thing, it's a mass-produced camera. But each to their own. But if one camera fitted my needs and everyone else used it too, I'd still use it.

The thing I really don't get, is wanting people to notice/talk to you about your camera, just because it's a different colour. In my opinion, it's just a tool for getting photos. It's like talking to a painter about the colour of his brushes, when the painting is what matters, isn't it?
For me, there's a couple issues that I really like my white kx. The first is that I like it, I think it looks good in white. The second is that when people notice that it's white they usually ask who makes it. I'd like to see Pentax do well so anytime I get a chance to sing the virtues of Pentax I consider it a good thing.

Being different just for the sake of being different is not what I'm after, but if being different is a result of what I like, so be it. Which may explain why I'm willing to carry 20 pounds of bulky gear whenever I go places
07-10-2010, 02:41 AM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Steady52 Quote
For those of you with a white Kx and have had it for a few months, if you had to do over, would you still buy a white one?

I've always had black or black and chrome cameras, but the more I see of the white Kx, I think I really want one. Just wondering if people get tired of the white.
I love the white Pentax. We now use it for all of our Making of Video's.
07-10-2010, 06:15 AM   #38

I am still satisfied with my white K-x, always get comments whenever I take it out. That said I'd just as happily have it in nearly any of the other colours except black.

07-10-2010, 11:46 AM   #39
Veteran Member

I'd like to add that the white spray is surprisingly resilient. Good job by Pentax.

However the chromed strip is cheaply plated and wears off with contact.
07-10-2010, 12:14 PM   #40
emr

I haven't even seen a white K-x with my own eyes, but in pictures it looks like fun. However, owning a white MacBook I probably wont buy another white plastic gizmo again. No matter if I try to keep my hands clean, this laptop gathers small stains and becomes gray over time. Looks rather nasty, actually. But perhaps this camera plastic is different?
07-10-2010, 05:50 PM   #41
Veteran Member

Well, as much as I love my white K-x, I'll be the party pooper and say that this camera wears much worse than my K100 and K10. If you're planning to be really rough with it and want it to stay pretty, keep off the white colored one.

I still love it though. Never planned to baby it to begin with so I don't mind all the battle scars.
07-10-2010, 09:50 PM   #42
Forum Member

The thing I really don't get, is wanting people to notice/talk to you about your camera, just because it's a different colour. In my opinion, it's just a tool for getting photos.
I personally still don't understand why they don't make cars in just black anymore. I don't want people to notice my car. Well. . .err. . . unless if they're merging into my lane that is

I don't understand the 'being different' thing, it's a mass-produced camera
In all seriousness though, that's exactly why I constructed my own DSLR.

Okay, okay, in actual seriousness, I own the navy K-x and I think it's great at being quirky/unique while still being relatively subtle. Plus I love the semi-glossy finish.

And Andi Lo: What eye cup do you have attached to yours? It looks really useful for people with big ol' Polish noses like me
07-10-2010, 11:10 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tomzee93 Quote

And Andi Lo: What eye cup do you have attached to yours? It looks really useful for people with big ol' Polish noses like me
It's the Pentax Magnifying eyecup. IIRC it's called the O-ME 53. It pops up in the marketplace from time to time for 30-35$. Helps with making the VF bigger, and as you said, to keep noses off the LCDs
07-11-2010, 03:28 PM   #44
Forum Member

White k-x

I love mine. Its an attention getter.
07-12-2010, 12:18 AM   #45
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sir.b Quote
i also have the white, and i love the color
tho i would buy RED one if it was out when i got mine

anyone want to trade my white for a red

still white is nice
I always want to see a white one but i have a red one.
if you ever come to Socal, I want to take a look. lol