Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2010, 08:52 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Those of you with a white Kx -

For those of you with a white Kx and have had it for a few months, if you had to do over, would you still buy a white one?

I've always had black or black and chrome cameras, but the more I see of the white Kx, I think I really want one. Just wondering if people get tired of the white.

01-28-2010, 08:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think more people are increasingly tired of boring black.
The white K-x is selling like hotcakes because it is so much cooler looking.
Of course the old traditionalists and conservative color adverse folks will probably disagree and will not be caught dead using a colored camera.
01-28-2010, 09:07 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
When I first saw the white K-x I thought "Who would want one of those?" But the more I think about it, the more I think it looks cool. In a way, I like to be different - I use a Mac, although it's a black MacBook because I didn't want to look out of place in the business world.

I'm thinking the white K-x might draw a lot of favorable comments.
01-28-2010, 09:59 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Steady52 Quote

I'm thinking the white K-x might draw a lot of favorable comments.
Almost too much so. Everyone wants to know what it is and they really like the white body. I would have bought the black one if it was cheaper.

01-28-2010, 11:26 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Most definitely would buy white again.

I originally was not very impressed by the pictures, only until I saw it in person did I know I wanted one.
01-29-2010, 11:20 PM   #6

I have an opportunity to purchase a small batch (four-five cameras) of custom color K-x in Japan, with full international warranty. To cover my costs, I would have to re-sell them here for ~$800+shipping for the standard kit (with 18-55 lens). I just wonder if there is enough interest at this price point. How much are people willing to pay for exclusivity ? Think beyond white - silver, chocolate, olive, sand, metallic brown, orange, etc...
01-30-2010, 05:21 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It is just a camera, id say as time goes on your more likely to get used to whatever colour you chose... unless your friends say your not cool anymore

01-30-2010, 06:23 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
I think more people are increasingly tired of boring black.
The white K-x is selling like hotcakes because it is so much cooler looking.
Of course the old traditionalists and conservative color adverse folks will probably disagree and will not be caught dead using a colored camera.
Here's my superficial comment: I'd pick up a white DSLR if the exterior finish was the usual modern non-smooth finish.
01-30-2010, 10:31 AM   #9
Veteran Member

As artists and eccentrics say..normal is boring!
When you get too used to black cameras, other colors seem to give it a fresh look.
If it where the other way around though and most of the cameras where white, then a black camera would definitely be very sexy and appealing..just look how it has become the standard accepted color and how common it is (black).
Just go with what you want and not with what other people want 'coz it would seem you have apprehensions and maybe would just want it because of what others would say.
01-30-2010, 10:58 AM   #10

i like my white k-x- wanted a red but they were not out and had a good deal on white. Plus it's easier to spot if you set it down in a crowd or if someone grabs it chances are you have the only white camera in the area.
01-30-2010, 07:17 PM   #11
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I'm pretty certain that I'll go with white, but I wish there was an option to buy it sans lens. I wouldn't mind having a slightly better lens, but the pictures I've seen posted taken with the kit lens look real good. After all, Pentax never produced a bad lens, did they?
01-31-2010, 10:22 AM   #12
Inactive Account

I have the white K-m and I would definitely buy another white Pentax dslr. The white camera does draw a lot of attention. Also, a white camera stays cooler in the sun.
01-31-2010, 10:42 AM   #13

i love my white kx! would definately buy again. i like that everyone asks me about it. ive actually turned alot of people onto this kx camera! including alot of people that would otherwise never buy a dslr!
02-01-2010, 08:41 AM   #14
Forum Member

The only problem I foresee with a white KX is that you shouldn't use it after labour day.
02-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #15
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks everybody. I just placed an order for a white K-x from B & H. This will be my first DSLR so I hope it isn't too difficult to teach an old dog new tricks after using my beloved ME Super for the past 27 years. I still intend to use it alongside the K-x, I might add.

I've been guilty of wearing white pants after Labor Day, so maybe I can get away with using a white camera year round.

Dave