Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2010, 06:19 AM   #1

shutter jammed on K10D - help!

While shooting with a Sigma 28 f/2.8 suddenly the viewfinder blacked out and did not come back to the normal state since.

From what I can see the shutter is in closed position, the mirror is lifted and this state seems to be persisting. Even if restart the camera, moreover, when turning on there is a serious lag, it seems that the software tries to do something about the error but it can't. Also, when turned on sometimes I can hear a low beep or maybe buzzing from inside.

Has anyone seen experienced or heard of this sort of problem?

Any ideas or tips what to do? Should I contact the service - my camera is still in warranty.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by pszilard; 01-30-2010 at 06:37 AM.
01-30-2010, 07:29 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have had similar things, mirror stuck in the up position with mechanical cameras in the past. I simply pushed the mirror down into the viewing position... That would probably damage the K10, though. You are sure the batteries are fully charged? Some cameras swing the mirror up and let it there in "park position" if the batteries are drained, though I haven't had that with a K10.

The buzzing noise is probably only the SR/sensor cleaning in action after switching on the camera. If you feel, that all you do is correct (tried another lens?), then you should send it in for warranty repair.

Ben
01-30-2010, 09:06 AM   #3

I would contact service if you're under warranty, but have you tried pulling out the battery? I've had my K10D get stuck with the mirror up, camera unresponsive to controls. Each time this happened, pulling the battery out fixed the problem.