Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2010, 11:02 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Not yet. Just ordered today. Should be here by Wednesday. I must say, I am excited and anxious about getting it and putting it to work. I will let ya'll know my full opinion and feelings. I'm even looking forward to the learning curve.
Cheers

02-02-2010, 03:25 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zenspector Quote
Just ordered today. Should be here by Wednesday. I must say, I am excited and anxious about getting it and putting it to work. I will let ya'll know my full opinion and feelings. I'm even looking forward to the learning curve.
Cheers
Yowza, zenspector! I just left a post on your other thread.

I wish I could have got those two lenses. But I did get the DA 70/2.4 Limited along with the kit lens. And recently bought two lenses from forum members: a K17/4 FE (rectilinear fisheye, that is) and an M135/3.5. Nice glass, very compact, great feel.

Funny, I bought glass before I got the K-7, but that was my commitment to the K-7.

And my package will arrive Wednesday, too. Maybe we'll be opening the boxes at the same time. . . .

Enjoy!
02-02-2010, 03:41 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by zenspector Quote
Okay, after all the fretting over which camera to buy (K7or 300s), and pulling myself from the zoomitis I fell for with my film SLRs in the past, I flipped the switch and just ordered a K7 with FA31/1.8 and FA77/1.8 Ltd Primes.
Ted
Just moved from film!?? Ok since you've ordered, now we can tell you the truth, Digital cameras actually are peripherals for the computers those retain different computers inside the body.

Now I'll give my your transition periods estimates: (time periods listed as at least periods) it'll take 2-3 days to get good shots from camera, it'll take 10 days to learn all the menu options, it'll take 2-3 months two learn to how different menu options interfere with each other, it will take 8-10 months take all the control of the camera. After a year you'll think you'll have to learn more things. it'll take 3 years to absorb all the menu options in the manual. OOps sorry, you'll have another camera at that time. Now you think I am joking right? Then you keep this post.

Sorry we've just tricked you. jumpurp (But you had to be tricked one day anyway right?) .

BTW Congrats for your decision, you did it right.
02-03-2010, 12:41 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
I flipped the switch and just ordered a K7 with FA31/1.8 and FA77/1.8 Ltd Primes.
great combo... I got the third amigo a couple of months ago the FA43 and it is a ripper of a lens, am told it was also made for Lieca.

you will not be sorry with this pair.

cheers

Neil