Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 70 Likes Search this Thread
04-05-2010, 07:10 PM   #166

Photos: Gallery
Hi all,

I'm pretty new here and to DSLR shooting. Got my K-x about 3 month ago. This here's one of my favorite shots so far:

04-05-2010, 08:00 PM   #167
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
Okay--it's effin fabulous!!!

WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO PP IT THAT WAY!?

Can you give me a HINT? Don't have LR, only PS.
honestly I don't remember... and i deleted all my stuff from my catalog. but what i am sure of. is that i download one of the presets from somewhere either some website that gives them for free or the adobe share. And I usually start with a nice preset and then adjust.

btw LR3 beta is free check it out...

and sorry....
04-07-2010, 02:45 PM   #168
Veteran Member

I am completely new to photography, just got my first ever DSLR (Kx) and here are a few of my favorites so far.
Attached Images

Last edited by KxBlaze; 07-08-2010 at 10:30 AM.
04-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #169

got my k-x 1 week ago... still learning

04-07-2010, 03:00 PM   #170
Veteran Member

can someone tell me how to insert pictures so that they are one on top of eachother and not side by side? I did mine as attachments and they posted side by side making the page super wide which annoys me. Thanks
04-07-2010, 03:26 PM   #171

Suzuki-j, the color in the first shot is great, I love it. Here's a few of mine from Sunday. The first is a territorial dispute and the second is of my nieces watching the dispute.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
04-07-2010, 03:33 PM   #172

KxBlaze, I just added two photos as attachments to my reply and they worked fine. I clicked on Attach (the paper clip symbol), and then clicked on "choose file", then "upload". Next, I clicked on "choose file" to select the second pic, and then "upload" again that's all I did. Have you checked your browser options?

04-07-2010, 03:34 PM   #173
Forum Member

Here's a couple of shots , I think are pretty decent .

Taken with Tamron 28-75mm 2.8

Taken with Pentax DA L 55-300mm

Taken with Pentax DA 40mm ltd
04-07-2010, 03:54 PM   #174

kx-blaze
same thing happened to me
you just need to put the cursor after the first image and press enter a couple times
when you see the first image moving up, youre good

EDIT: i was talking about images from flickr sorry... not attchment

Last edited by suzuki-j; 04-07-2010 at 04:17 PM.
04-07-2010, 04:09 PM   #175
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marv Toler Quote
KxBlaze, I just added two photos as attachments to my reply and they worked fine. I clicked on Attach (the paper clip symbol), and then clicked on "choose file", then "upload". Next, I clicked on "choose file" to select the second pic, and then "upload" again that's all I did. Have you checked your browser options?
Thats what I did and both of ours posted the pics side by side and there's nothing that I have found in my browser options that lets me either "insert" a pic directly into the reply box or set pics on top of eachother.

QuoteOriginally posted by suzuki-j Quote
kx-blaze
same thing happened to me
you just need to put the cursor after the first image and press enter a couple times
when you see the first image moving up, youre good
How did you get to "insert" the picture without using the attachment button? Because if you do an attachment you cannot "enter" down below the pic. It will only allow you to attach x number of photos and post them side by side.

And if you notice that all of the pics that are on top of eachother you can click on them and it will take you to a URL for that pic whereas all of the pics that are side by side (mine) you cannot click on the pick, its an "attachment" and not a "link".
04-07-2010, 04:32 PM   #176
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
One of my favorites so far:

Processing done entirely on the LR3 beta.
04-07-2010, 04:34 PM   #177

KxBlaze, in my browser, all our pics look fine and are arranged properly vertically. I don't see any photos side by side.
04-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #178
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
the second is of my nieces watching the dispute.
Ouch, white balance really crapped out on that one.
04-07-2010, 06:58 PM   #179

Audibomber, thanks for your perspective, I'm always interested in what others see in my images opposed to what I see. The sun was getting low on the horizon and the light was getting a soft, amber glow. I could have changed the white balance afterwards but I left it that way since it fit my mental image of the scene. Guess that shows how subjective this hobby is.
04-07-2010, 07:10 PM   #180
Veteran Member

KxBlaze, in my browser, all our pics look fine and are arranged properly vertically. I don't see any photos side by side.
Hmmm that's odd because yours and mine are the only ones arranged side by side on my computer and yours and mine are also the only ones that say "Attached Images" above the pics whereas everybody elses are top to bottom and I can click on their pics which will open a new window with only that pic showing (pic has a URL link)..........

Oh well, its not a big deal but thanks for everyones input anway, I'll just continue to scroll sideways.