Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #31
Igilligan

QuoteOriginally posted by Giggli G Quote
Hi, I am new to the forum, this is my first post. Just got a K-x over the holidays. Here are a few of my favorite shots so far:

As you can see, I really do almost entirely human subjects. Thanks for looking, and I would love to hear any commentary.
Nice band shots... what is the name/names of the bands? Do they have a myspace page?

02-04-2010, 09:36 PM   #32

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Nice band shots... what is the name/names of the bands? Do they have a myspace page?
Thanks. The lighting was terrible. The bands mostly don't have recordings yet as there were a lot of new bands at that show. There are a bunch more bands that are more developed, I am playing two sets as a drummer on feb. 13th but I will try to get some good photos of those bands and then I can send you to some myspace pages. It is mostly hardcore, post-hardcore, indie and garage rock though!
02-05-2010, 03:25 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
As you can see, I really do almost entirely human subjects. Thanks for looking, and I would love to hear any commentary.
So would I but the forum does not have sound yet

jokes aside.. a nice set of band shots... well done

cheers

neil
02-07-2010, 01:36 AM   #34
Igilligan

I am posting these everywhere... who cares

02-07-2010, 02:15 AM   #35
Veteran Member

from tonight -

(EXIF should be attached - but PhotoBucket can mysteriously lose metadata)
ISO800, f/4, 1/100

EXIF attached (PhotoBucket caveat)
ISO5000, f/4.5, 1/20 (Noiseware Community Edition default processing)
02-07-2010, 08:07 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Repost from the Tammy club...

And some camera pron.. from K10d
02-07-2010, 09:56 PM   #37

Andi, is that a custom eye cup on your K-x?

02-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Hemi345 Quote
Andi, is that a custom eye cup on your K-x?
It's the KPS 1.3x. Looks great on the white k-x, almost like a lens on the back I *think* it has to be sanded down to fit K-x though. I'm not 100% sure since it came from my K100d, where the KPS have to be sanded down more than what seems necessary for the K-x.
02-10-2010, 03:49 PM   #39

QuoteOriginally posted by Graystar Quote
Dude! What ISO were you shooting at??? That looks terrible! And with such a high ISO you should have had the shutter speed to make that guy a little sharper!

Wait until there’s more light, drop the ISO, get the shutter speed up, and try to crop it a little at the top and bottom. Then you might get a better pic. That one you can just delete.

Well..THAT is encouraging. A guys was asked to contribute, and he didn't even ask for criticism. Tho your post provides good suggestions it doesn't need to be laced with such venom.

Glad many others he saw things ...otherwise why would any one contribute..???

other then that...there are some really nice shots here. What is the best way to post pics here?? I have a few shitty ones I could use help with...

Last edited by Littlejohn; 02-10-2010 at 03:59 PM.
02-10-2010, 04:00 PM   #40
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Little john Quote
Well..THAT is encouraging. A guys was asked to contribute, and he didn't ask for criticism. Tho your post provides good suggestions it doesn't need to be laced with venom.
That is a well-known image by the famous photographer Henri Cartier-Bresson. The image was posted as a joke, and so was my response.

It's a wonderful piece of art.
02-10-2010, 04:04 PM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Little john Quote
Well..THAT is encouraging. A guys was asked to contribute, and he didn't even ask for criticism. Tho your post provides good suggestions it doesn't need to be laced with such venom.

Glad many others he saw things ...otherwise why would any one contribute..???

other then that...there are some really nice shots here. What is the best way to post pics here?? I have a few shitty ones I could use help with...
The photo he was commenting on was a Henri Cartier-Bresson photo from the 1930s, posted as a joke, and the response was sarcastic in the same joking vein.

02-10-2010, 08:54 PM   #42

That is a well-known image by the famous photographer Henri Cartier-Bresson. The image was posted as a joke, and so was my response.

It's a wonderful piece of art.
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
The photo he was commenting on was a Henri Cartier-Bresson photo from the 1930s, posted as a joke, and the response was sarcastic in the same joking vein.

Wellll...there yer go......how was I supposed to know..LOL...I did suspect somewhat with the grin at the bottom..but only a little...hope you weren't too offended. I'd did look at yer post count and figured you had broad shoulders

but none the less...I am the one with egg on...and I do apologize.
02-10-2010, 09:16 PM   #43
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Littlejohn Quote
...I do apologize.
It happens. Here are some more great photographs and comments along the same vein. It's amusing.

The Online Photographer: Great Photographers on the Internet
02-11-2010, 04:53 AM   #44

Christmas show. Kx, ISO 3200. Vivitar 24mm f2.8 manual lens.
Attached Images

02-11-2010, 09:13 AM   #45

It happens. Here are some more great photographs and comments along the same vein. It's amusing.

The Online Photographer: Great Photographers on the Internet

Cool...one question tho (kinda off tropic) more then once I've read...the horizon isn't straight...why is THAT such a big deal??

(a statement on the site you linked reminded me of my question..)