I will get a K-7 88.42%
I will get a K-x 1010.53%
I will get Both 11.05%
I will get Neither 1212.63%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #31
Veteran Member

As someone who made the jump from the K20D to the K-7, I can say I'm not sure I would make the same choice again without the insane deal I got when I made the jump.

However:
  • The improved AWB is amazing
  • The improved low-light focusing is amazing
  • The ergonomics (with grip) are amazing
  • The LCD is amazing

02-04-2010, 09:17 AM   #32
Inactive Account

The title of the thread asks which one would I prefer, and I would probably prefer the K-7, but which one can I afford is a different question. I answered I already have a K-x because it is in transit on the way to me.

After reading some of the comments I began to experience buyers remorse already, thinking I should wait and buy the K-7 instead. But the K-7 is really a lot more expensive and way more money than I've ever paid for a camera. It's more expensive than my used Hasselblad.

The main reason I need a DSLR is for the lower light situations (school and church functions) where digital has a significant advantage over film. I'm hoping I made the right choice.
02-04-2010, 10:46 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steady52 Quote
The title of the thread asks which one would I prefer, and I would probably prefer the K-7, but which one can I afford is a different question. I answered I already have a K-x because it is in transit on the way to me.

After reading some of the comments I began to experience buyers remorse already, thinking I should wait and buy the K-7 instead. But the K-7 is really a lot more expensive and way more money than I've ever paid for a camera. It's more expensive than my used Hasselblad.

You can always send it back without opening the box, and get a K-7, or wait for the K-8.

After 5-6- months, its price will drop, then you can sell your K-x for coupla hundred bucks, and get a K-8.
02-05-2010, 10:15 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-x is entry-level.
K-7 is Med-Level.

I have K-7. It is cool but wait to get new firmware for full manual video and others.

02-06-2010, 05:06 AM   #35
Forum Member

kX
better High ISO
better price
smaller size
the rest (speed, video...) is acceptable for me
02-06-2010, 05:09 AM   #36
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cbaytan Quote
You can always send it back without opening the box, and get a K-7, or wait for the K-8.

After 5-6- months, its price will drop, then you can sell your K-x for coupla hundred bucks, and get a K-8.
k7 will never be close in price to kX, you'll loose 300-400 while choosing k7 insted anytime within nearest couple of years...
02-07-2010, 03:52 AM   #37
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by artemapei Quote
k7 will never be close in price to kX, you'll loose 300-400 while choosing k7 insted anytime within nearest couple of years...
Very soon after the K-7, a K20d was available all over the net for around $600 (I bought one), while the K-m was around $500. I bought the K10d the same way. By the time I bought it, it was just a little more than the entry DSLR.
02-08-2010, 04:02 PM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Steady52 Quote

The main reason I need a DSLR is for the lower light situations (school and church functions) where digital has a significant advantage over film. I'm hoping I made the right choice.
if you go by this thread you will conclude that k7 is the camera everyone is buying. Now go ahead and check amazon who is actually selling camera you will find that kx is selling like hot cake. And it is pentax top seller, not the k7.

so this thread is only couple of votes and may not represent reality.