Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2007, 09:36 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Enough about more lenses, I want more bodies.

There are several threads dominated by posts calling for more lenses and better availability of the ones that are in production. Between B & H and KEH there are more than enough lenses to fill my needs so I have a hard time relating to that demand.

I'd rather see Pentax come out with some specialized bodies that can be used with the lenses I already have. I'd rather spend $400 to $1,000 on a body smaller than the K100D for travel than buying a new lens. I'd also buy a body with a FF down to a 1.3 crop sensor with 18MP for landscape photography. Or how about a 4/3 sensor so my telephoto lenses would be longer for wildlife shooting? A FF or 1.3 crop 6MP model featuring clean ISO 6400 would be worth buying instead of new lenses. When you are coming from behind like Pentax is a little “Out of the box' thinking might be the key to doing better.

Regards,

06-28-2007, 09:43 AM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
There are several threads dominated by posts calling for more lenses and better availability of the ones that are in production. Between B & H and KEH there are more than enough lenses to fill my needs so I have a hard time relating to that demand.

I'd rather see Pentax come out with some specialized bodies that can be used with the lenses I already have. I'd rather spend $400 to $1,000 on a body smaller than the K100D for travel than buying a new lens. I'd also buy a body with a FF down to a 1.3 crop sensor with 18MP for landscape photography. Or how about a 4/3 sensor so my telephoto lenses would be longer for wildlife shooting? A FF or 1.3 crop 6MP model featuring clean ISO 6400 would be worth buying instead of new lenses. When you are coming from behind like Pentax is a little “Out of the box' thinking might be the key to doing better.

Regards,

To each their own. Only one thing here though.. the 10MP on the K10D would give you exactly what you want when you say "A 4/3rds sensor for longer telephotos for wildlife shooting". Just crop the middle out in a 4/3rds format and bingo, there you go. You're still left with 6-8mp. Plenty. And you get your 2x crop factor to boot.
06-28-2007, 09:56 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Artyste Quote
To each their own. Only one thing here though.. the 10MP on the K10D would give you exactly what you want when you say "A 4/3rds sensor for longer telephotos for wildlife shooting". Just crop the middle out in a 4/3rds format and bingo, there you go. You're still left with 6-8mp. Plenty. And you get your 2x crop factor to boot.
Not true if the 4/3 sensor is 10MP. Not worried about high ISO with this kind of shooting.

Regards,
06-28-2007, 03:46 PM   #4
Inactive Account

There on the way
Pentax Imaging - Pentax Press Release

Pentax Imaging -

Camera above K10D is planned.

06-28-2007, 05:30 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Would love a B&W body. Could also make it infrared capable. Could sell it to B&W lovers, crime investigators, astrophotographers, etc. Fine with me if Pentax would just modify cameras sent to them for a resonable price. Buy it in a second.
thanks
barondla
But I still want that darn 200 macro!
06-29-2007, 09:34 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Regken... I would like to see more bodies and more lenses.

As for the press release... they are not on the way. It is on the way, singular. If there is one above the K10D it is a new body. There is however no press release for that one, in fact no release of information at all beyond what we hear from Benjikan. But if it is coming it will be a new body. The K100D is not a new body; it's an old body with SDM added.

I too would like to see a different body, not necessarily even using a different sensor but at least a different chassis. If I could mount a Pentax pancake lens to one of the smaller Olympus dSLRs, that IMO would be an ideal combination which I could carry around all the time. While invoking the K1000 and ME Super in name only (K100D and K100D Super), why not also remind us of the MX but in a more tangible way? Even if only from a marketing point of view, to keep releasing cameras that appear to be entirely identical (and in most significant ways are) does not make the company look all that active.
06-29-2007, 09:40 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Ken

I would love a new body. The one I got is over 50 yrs old and is in need of new knees, back, brain, etc.

NaCl(the "upgrade path" bothers me a bit tho)H2O
06-30-2007, 05:19 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Yuk Yuk

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Hi Ken

I would love a new body. The one I got is over 50 yrs old and is in need of new knees, back, brain, etc.

NaCl(the "upgrade path" bothers me a bit tho)H2O
Thanks, I needed that...