Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2007, 01:47 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Busy...Sorry

QuoteOriginally posted by mutley Quote
I asked him this exact question, even by private email. Its the first time I was completely ignored which indicates its probably true. As someone posted above, this is a perfect explanation as to why Pentax acknowledged nothing and was able to bide time avoiding IQ comments.

Oh well. So much for the current K10D owners...
I am sorry for not responding. I am leaving on a business trip on Sunday and have been preping for that. As I said in an earlier post, Pentax are open to the possibilities of other sensor manufacturers. There will be changes in the Fall, but I was not given specific answers to my own queries. I doubt if they had specific answers they would share them with me, as they understand my relationship with this forum and wish to control the news.

Ben

06-29-2007, 09:55 AM   #17
Inactive Account

I'll make a non-negative post for a change

If that supposed roadmap for bodies was realised, I would be happy. Ideally I'd like other things like a smallish body with a thin profile to really complement the pancake lenses, but that's not realistic for the foreseeable future since the demand for that seems to be only coming from me. I think there could be other small but helpful additions too, like a battery grip option for all models. But first I'd rather see Pentax do what's necessary to increase sales so they can re-invest in the system - yes, including lenses... and overall I would be pretty happy with what is on that list and certainly invest in one of the new bodies.
06-29-2007, 10:23 AM   #18

I think k10 owners has nothing to worry about, Pentax probably would offer an option to "Super"ized the k10 for a nominal fee, all they have to do is swap out the motherboard, voila`. [this is pure speculation of course]