Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2010, 01:01 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
another point of me selling K7 was:

I sold it for the same price as I paid, while buying.

imagine in a few months (i believe it'll happen this summer) pentax will update k7 camera with k7x or something which:

sensor with similar or better than kx image quality;
maybe new processor;
maybe 2 sdxc ports; (i believe It's in plans since, the placement of the one sd card slot now in k7 is far to the corner)
improved hdr customization;
maybe even more improved focusing;
maybe improved flash sync;
and maybe some other improvements in the same body..

then the price of k7 will drop so significantly.. everyone will want the one, that is fully profesional in features and has best image quality in pentax camp, and to sell k7 with good price will be difficult.

while the price of the kx will go down slowly.. and since it already costs small amount, it won't go too low.

now to pay twice for K7 which has the same procesor and software and almost the same speed as kx and worse image quality.. only its body is much better..
is not worth twice the price of kx in my opinion..

on kx I loose all the comfort things, also some convenient stuff.. but looking from IQ point of view it does the job as good as K7 only a little louder and in some cases does the job even better. it'll save my time.

when pentax will come up with this improved k7, then I will be ready to pay twice the price of kx.