Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2010, 02:30 AM   #16

Location: N/E Victoria, Australia, on the mighty Murray River.
Photos: Albums
Hopefully when Pentax do release a new DSLR model to replace the K-7 it will be bigger. I have the K20D and like the size of it but wouldn't want it any smaller. I friend has a Eos 50D and its a little bigger than the K20D and fits larger hands better, but there's no way I will be switching to "C" any time soon. Maybe Pentax could bring something out in 2 sizes to suit different sized hands. Don't think that will happen though.

02-09-2010, 02:43 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ozzi-paul Quote
switching to "C"
Just curious; what is "C"? AF-C? Hi-C? The key of "C"?
02-09-2010, 02:59 AM   #18

Location: N/E Victoria, Australia, on the mighty Murray River.
Canon, I thought people may have realised because I mentioned the eos 50D.
02-09-2010, 08:54 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Canon, I thought people may have realised because I mentioned the eos 50D.
I was teasing. Hence the It is OK to actually spell out Canon or Nikon on this forum.

02-09-2010, 05:55 PM   #20
Inactive Account

If the Pentax 645 is for real, it's truly a flagship, a Bismarck I might add and my kind of camera, Pentax please christen the ship!

Last edited by camerashy99; 02-09-2010 at 06:24 PM.
02-09-2010, 07:08 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

645 two big

I want K7 super no video but an awesome image sensor totally new technology to put Pentax and Samsung on the map. It will have18 megapixel sensor with huge photosites 8+ in size with four souped-up processors. It will shoot in total darkness using night vision with software to convert back to color with no noise!!! And with a battery so good that the space shuttle will want it. So how's that for dreaming.
02-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #22

I've had my K-7 about 3 weeks and I will tell you.... it's gonna be hard to replace perfection. Pentax took all the good stuff from all the other camera companies and put them in the K-7. And left out all the crap. I know Ive shot with Nikon, Canon, Sony (defunct Minolta), and I must say this camera makes sense. Someone wrote that Pentax doesn't change up cameras like others do... thats true. Look at Canon... (no offense Canon users) but, If you buy one you are automatically in the camera of the month club. They seem to come out with a different model every month. I do believe however the 645D will make the appearence.

02-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mickeyb73 Quote
I've had my K-7 about 3 weeks and I will tell you.... it's gonna be hard to replace perfection. Pentax took all the good stuff from all the other camera companies and put them in the K-7. And left out all the crap. I know Ive shot with Nikon, Canon, Sony (defunct Minolta), and I must say this camera makes sense. Someone wrote that Pentax doesn't change up cameras like others do... thats true. Look at Canon... (no offense Canon users) but, If you buy one you are automatically in the camera of the month club. They seem to come out with a different model every month. I do believe however the 645D will make the appearence.
It's good to know that Ned still posts on this forum.
02-09-2010, 11:24 PM   #24
Forum Member

Original Poster
Hopefully when Pentax do release a new DSLR model to replace the K-7 it will be bigger.
I purchased a K-7 for the exact opposite reason!

The fact that it is small with pro-like (or semi-pro for some of you) build is the reason I got it. It's different from what current competitors offer and puts Pentax into a nice niche, otherwise it would have a harder time competing. A D300/D300s (I owned a D300, currently own D90&D700) doesn't cost much more than a K-7 and outperforms it in so many ways + has cheaper lenses (and I know this). The K-7 is a lot of bang for buck and allows for lighter travel, especially when combined with primes.
02-09-2010, 11:55 PM   #25
Veteran Member

The 645D is reported to be a limited (very limited) production and most likely special order. That on top of the extreme price....the best chance anyone around here or anywhere else will come to seeing the 645D will be on a poster or a website. As far as size, it will be quite large (compared to current DSLRS from Pentax) as it was never intended to be walk around camera anyway.

Jason
02-10-2010, 12:03 AM   #26
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Alex00 Quote
I don't know, the size of the 645d looks huge. I wonder what they packed as new features
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KKoHAE8Mn4[/YT]
According to Lithos, it has an integral barbecue.