Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2010, 03:13 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kx question re taks

I see a nice price for a few days on my "dream" red Kx to backup my K10d - so hear is the question. I have been impressed that I can use my takumar lenses on my K10d in Av mode nicely and get focus confirmation (green light). Do those features still work the same on the Kx?

02-08-2010, 05:55 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Wouldn't see why not. Works fine on my K-7, and the autofocus system is the same on the K-x (minus red focus point confirmation lights in the viewfinder). Many people have been using Takumars on K-x's.
02-08-2010, 06:46 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Supposedly the K-x even has a menu setting so you can use the green button like the depth of field preview button on the K10d to stop down manual lenses (if necessary) and turn on the light meter.
02-08-2010, 06:55 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Steinback Quote
Supposedly the K-x even has a menu setting so you can use the green button like the depth of field preview button on the K10d to stop down manual lenses (if necessary) and turn on the light meter.
Yep, that would be for M- and K-series lenses, but obviously not screw-mount lenses.

02-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Steinback Quote
This won't work for M42 lenses, as they miss the aperture lever (they had a pin instead which can not be operated by DSLRs).

If your Takumar lens can be manually stopped down permanently ('M' setting on lens), just stop down on the lens and use Av mode on Camera.

If it's an 'A mode' aperture only lens it will work wide open only.

Please note that by M and A, I'm not talking about the lens series like K, M, A, FA, but about a switch on the lens itself.