Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2010, 07:34 AM   #1

K-x : manual focus using LiveView

Hi,

I'm very interrested in this camera (simple, I have a couple of old manual lenses, high ISO), but I have an important question about it :

Is LiveView a valuable help when focusing manually : speed, screen resolution (details), accuracy, low light usage, ... ?

A friend of mine is using an EOS 5DmkII with maximal magnification when working this way, and I found this wonderful.

But what about the little K-X ?

Thanks

02-09-2010, 10:59 AM   #2
Inactive Account

No problem with manual focus in LV. By pressing the INFO button you can zoom in up to 10X. That's what I use for astrophotography, when I have my K-x attached to my telescope.

Sure, it would be nice to have one of those really high-res LCDs, but the current LCD is certainly not a hinderance.
02-09-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
Igilligan

I find Live View manual focusing and metering really usable on this camera. Especially for subjects that are a little farther away than my usual head and shoulder shots.

As graystar mentioned, the magnified LV really helps nail the critical focus. I used the LV focus on my k20 and it was no where near as good. But even that really helped nail focus.