Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Folder/file name

Does any one know how to disable the Folder name ie: 101_0125 etc that is the date the file was created. My old *stDS just kept a running file number. I may only shoot 1/2doz pic today and a few days later a dozen or so and they are in different folders. Makes for a lot of unnecessary files especially on a month long trip. Each day has a different file you have to continually open up files to view the pic's. Date is already imbeded in the photo info. Any thoughts?
The K7 really rocks I am starting to master the exposure ISO etc. and get better
pics than my old *stDS.

02-11-2010, 02:07 AM   #2

For example, in k-x you can choose via setup how files will be named, simple names in folders with date or through files numbering.
02-11-2010, 06:10 AM   #3

Original Poster
I know you can change the file name but can you turn off the automatic file folder that the pic's are stored in. This automatically changes every day. All of these files with one or two pics becomes a big job moving pics in and out of folders when down loading to the computer. Any suggestions or do I just live with it?
02-11-2010, 07:33 AM   #4
Pentaxian

This is explained on page 267 of your owners manual if you would care to do a little self help.

02-11-2010, 07:36 AM   #5
Pentaxian

as weatfield said it is in the manual, but note, unless you delete all the folders on a card, the camera will always store your photos in the last one (i.e. the highest numbered folder)

also, even when turned off, every 500th shot in a folder will cause a new one to be created, each folder only holds 500 shots. that can't be turned off but is only an issue when shooting jpegs on big cards
02-11-2010, 01:44 PM   #6

Original Poster
Hi,
Thanks the defalt is the "Date" Folder that changes daily but I can select "PENTX" for a single folder. Got it
02-11-2010, 04:31 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by GordZ Quote
Hi,
Thanks the defalt is the "Date" Folder that changes daily but I can select "PENTX" for a single folder. Got it
No worries. Now go read the rest of your manual.
02-11-2010, 06:12 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GordZ Quote
All of these files with one or two pics becomes a big job moving pics in and out of folders when down loading to the computer.
If so, you're using the wrong software to download the images. Any decent program wouldn't bat an eye.