Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2010, 09:09 PM   #1

K7 Flash Problem

Hey,
I was wondering if you guys could help me out. The built in flash on a K7 doesn't seem to engage no matter what I do. I've tried different settings, read the manual, searched the web and I am not sure what one must do to use the flash. I am wondering if I have some sort of defective camera or weather there is something that I don't understand.
Thank you in advance for your input, I appreciate your help.

Paul

02-10-2010, 09:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pavtu Quote
Hey,
I was wondering if you guys could help me out. The built in flash on a K7 doesn't seem to engage no matter what I do. I've tried different settings, read the manual, searched the web and I am not sure what one must do to use the flash. I am wondering if I have some sort of defective camera or weather there is something that I don't understand.
Thank you in advance for your input, I appreciate your help.
Sorry to start so basic, but: didja push the little button on the side to pop it up? What different settings have you tried?
02-10-2010, 09:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I only have the manual for the K7 and not the K7 itself Page 74 of the manual states that you must push the flash button to pop it up. If that does not work, I assume it's a defective camera.

It's not clear from your post if you tried that or that you expected it to pop up automatically (as some cameras do).
02-10-2010, 10:01 PM   #4

Original Poster
well, I did push the button to pop it up. I tried the manual mode, Av, Tv, automatic. So, the flash sign stars blinking in the view finder and on the screen, once I pop the flash - nothing. The manual says that once you turn the flash on it will start charging and than it would work, but it doesn't for me.