Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2010, 12:14 AM   #1

Screen protectors

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

What do you use as a screen protector? I had one from Optex and it didn't last 2 weeks on vac, the corners started catching and soon it was off....followed by a couple of scratches (musta been the zip line)....

But is it inevitable to get scratches? Should one really concern themselves if the camera is used in nature? How easy is it to change the glass every so often.

I do like to keep my stuff in pristine shape, but sometimes its more trouble then its worth.

(it was the one think I liked about the D5000 tho)

02-11-2010, 06:43 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
hi... i just purchased an acmaxx lcd protector for my k-x on ebay, delivered cost, about 15 bucks... fits well, i had one for my k200d as well....
from the company website.. http://www.acmaxx.net/pentax_k2000.html

Last edited by dcmsox2004; 02-11-2010 at 06:44 AM. Reason: more info
02-11-2010, 09:01 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you...I couldn't tell from the site if it was a hard plastic or not. How do you attach it?

I just found out its hard ..thanks..looks good I try and find it locally.
02-11-2010, 09:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Don't use a screen protector, never managed to get a scratch on the screen either but i wouldn't care if i did. Its not a lens, its a body that gets replaced every 2 yrs at least :P

02-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ACMAXX Products info... and ACMAXX Product Features
how to attach.... ACMAXX Installation Guide
02-11-2010, 11:54 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
Don't use a screen protector, never managed to get a scratch on the screen either but i wouldn't care if i did. Its not a lens, its a body that gets replaced every 2 yrs at least :P
Werticus,

Why not use a screen protector? Did you have any issues with that?
Just curious why you don't recommend it.

JP
02-11-2010, 12:04 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I use screen protector on my K-7 now, and it's from ACMAXX also. Ever since I had a small tiny microscratch on the bottom of my old K2000, I had no idea how that happened. Can't take risks anymore.

It's actually pretty thick and sturdy for a screen protector too. Plus it gives that cool chrome trim to it. Here's the ACMAXX on my K-7, you can see the top but you can't really sell the back well.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEef4PbgmUo[/YT]

02-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #8
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote

It's actually pretty thick and sturdy for a screen protector too. Plus it gives that cool chrome trim to it. Here's the ACMAXX on my K-7, you can see the top but you can't really sell the back well.
I still didn't get one thinking it would reduce the visibility of the LCD's? Isn't that so?
02-11-2010, 01:00 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cbaytan Quote
I still didn't get one thinking it would reduce the visibility of the LCD's? Isn't that so?
ACMAXX Product Features
no decrease in lcd clarity/viewing
02-11-2010, 01:04 PM   #10
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
ACMAXX Product Features
no decrease in lcd clarity/viewing
Ok thanks, last question, wondering if the ACMAXX the best thing around?

Update: I've ordered for my K200, I was gonna order for my near future K-7 too but when screen was
$10 for k200 K-7's price was $25 at the same smartie seller, so I postponed the K-7 screen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260546759563&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Last edited by cbaytan; 02-11-2010 at 06:53 PM. Reason: add info
04-20-2010, 09:37 PM   #11

Original Poster
I just want to say thanks to those that posted in my thread. I did get a screen protector. Optex LCD screeen protector. It doesn't seem to deminish the display at all.
04-20-2010, 10:54 PM   #12
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Littlejohn Quote
I just want to say thanks to those that posted in my thread. I did get a screen protector. Optex LCD screeen protector. It doesn't seem to deminish the display at all.
So, would you tell us why did you purchased Optex, when majority was recommending ACMAXX protectors. Whats the superiority? Price?
04-20-2010, 11:01 PM   #13
Forum Member

I'm actually planning on getting the ZAGG shield for my K20. There's already a very minor scratch. Not that they matter but I'm not as careful with it now that I'm used to it and don't want a cloudy screen down the line.

I've had ZAGG on my media player and it is pretty tough so I'm going with it again.
04-21-2010, 04:45 AM   #14

Sceen protector

What ever you get is better than nothing it only takes on accidental bump on a sharp edge and it can crack the sceen. I didn't use one on my previous screen and ended up with a 15mm deep scratch that became very annoying.

Cover up

Rodney
04-21-2010, 05:23 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Asudef Quote
I'm actually planning on getting the ZAGG shield for my K20. There's already a very minor scratch. Not that they matter but I'm not as careful with it now that I'm used to it and don't want a cloudy screen down the line.

I've had ZAGG on my media player and it is pretty tough so I'm going with it again.
+1 to this. I have had ZAGG Invisible Shields installed on all my LCD equipped electronics, from media players to GPS to several different cell phones as well as my K100DS. I used to use other cheap protectors but the ZAGG product has not failed me yet. That plus the lifetime (of the device) warranty is hard to beat. If the protector is scratched or damaged while protecting your screen you can get a in-warranty replacement.