Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2010, 12:28 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Time till picture preview slow (K-7)?

I searched but was unable to find something, so I apologize if this is gets asked often.

After taking a picture, it takes roughly a 1.5 - 2 seconds before a picture is show on the LCD of the K7. Is this working as intended? And if so, is there a way to speed this up? Currently using a class 6 16GB memory card.

02-12-2010, 01:20 AM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
about the same for me - as intended I think
02-12-2010, 01:32 AM   #3

Turn off Lens Correction settings in Menu (Distortion and Chromatic Adjusment). That will speed up preview significantly. Lens corrections can be easely done later in software.
02-12-2010, 01:38 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jadran Quote
Turn off Lens Correction settings in Menu (Distortion and Chromatic Adjusment). That will speed up preview significantly. Lens corrections can be easely done later in software.
Thanks this worked. Would you also know how to check the firmware version on the camera? :P

02-12-2010, 01:51 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by drewx2 Quote
Thanks this worked. Would you also know how to check the firmware version on the camera? :P
While powering the camera, keep the Menu button pressed. Or, you could try to download free software called PhotoMe, it will shows even more detailed info on firmware
02-12-2010, 03:46 AM   #6
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by drewx2 Quote
I searched but was unable to find something, so I apologize if this is gets asked often.

After taking a picture, it takes roughly a 1.5 - 2 seconds before a picture is show on the LCD of the K7. Is this working as intended? And if so, is there a way to speed this up? Currently using a class 6 16GB memory card.
Drew,
This is normal and it is linked with the amount of post-processing that you set. The post-processing can take a few seconds, and the lens correction options are in particular slow.

However you do not need to wait to see the picture display to take another picture(s). You can take again a picture very quickly (within 0.5 to 1 s), without waiting for the LCD display. The delay may or may be enough for the SR to be ready, but if you take a picture with almost identical conditions to the previous one, you do not need to wait for the SR to stabilise again.

I have done several tries taking nearly 10 pictures in 10 seconds with the K-7, a Pentax DA18-250mm and Lens correction options ON. Each time I did not wait for the LCD dsplay and all the 10 pictures were good: practically I previewed at the later stage the pictures on the LCD.

Hope that it will help....

Last edited by hcc; 02-12-2010 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Typos