Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2010, 01:49 PM   #1

K100ds vs wii bowling!!!!!!!!!!

So last night my girlfriend and I where playing wii bowling in her living room. Well there is a ottman that my camera was on and I thought it was a safe difference from my long arms well I was very wrong! Well I wasn't following all the way threw and my gf says follow threw you will bowl a lot better. So the next time I Bowled I followed threw and BOOM! my camera goes fly and slams straight into a wall and left a gash in the drywall. At this point I'm like WTF do I do now. So went to the camera picked it up turned it on and everything was perfectly fine!!!!!!!!!!

anyone else have any storys about there camera going flying and it still working?!

02-14-2010, 02:57 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Yes. it happens sometimes. I've accidentally kicked AF lens against a wall across the room and downed my P&S several times on concrete pavement. Luckily no mishaps with DSLR.

But you must keep in mind that camera is a precision equipment.

The basic structure of camera is pretty rigid, since it has to support heavy loads (big lens, heavy flash, tripod screw tension or all those things held from single side).

Still a shock can offset/detach some optical elements (like AF sensor filters/lenses/apertures, light metering sensor), loosen circuit board connectors, crack some glue or screw lock paint. Those are constructions that may not be made so rigid as outer shell and metal frame, which holds most of the load.

This can lead to random malfunction in specific cases (e.g. loosened connector cripples signal in humid environment or temperature changes causing wrong card writes, noise or lcd glitches) or damaged operation (worse AF precision, wrong light metering).
02-14-2010, 05:06 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
We need to post this thread as a sticky in the marketplace.