Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2007, 12:08 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K100D problems...

I have had my K100D for approximately 1 1/2 weeks now, and I am slowly learning the ropes... something weird happened the other day though, while I was using manual lenses on the K100.

The AE-L button during manual mode is auto metering right? When I was using it, the shutter suddenly, well, shut and a digital preview of a shot appeared on the screen. The first time this happened I thought I might have accidentally pulled the digital preview lever, but when it happened a second time, I was sure my finger was nowhere near the shutter button or the lever... is this normal?

Also, when using my manual lenses, the time it takes for the image to appear is significantly longer than when using my kit lens... is the problem here with my lens? Thanks!

07-02-2007, 04:22 AM   #2
Inactive Account

I'm a learner at this to, (maybe two weeks) but, all I understand the AE-l buttton does, in manual mode, is close the aperture to the opening you have chosen on your lens. The meter then selects a shutter speed for correct exposure. Great stuff this automation, huh? I haven't had any problems with digital preview as you suggested, and I didn't acquire a kit lens so its all manual mode for me! Just wait till you try to figure out how to use your flash with Manual mode!!!!!
07-02-2007, 04:34 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Yeah, the automation is cool! But when I do that, after a few presses of the AE-L button, the shutter closes then a digital preview appears... weird...