Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2011, 08:48 AM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by K7er Quote
I had a transcend 16 GB class 6 card stop working with my Pentax K7 after about reasonable usage for 2 months (I formatted it only once). I looked around for reviews and all brand-names seem to have equal report of failures. I'm surmising that it might be due to class 6 being pretty new to the market [infact, SanDisk has no class 6 available; I read it was pulled off]. Should I just switch back to class 4 -- is that still good enough to shoot video?

Perhaps, people can share their experiences with memory cards on K7 -- that would be helpful for everyone...

Thanks again!
I had sixTranscend 16 gig class 6 cards. I was originally quite satisfied with them and used 6 of them for about 1 year before buying 2 more. One of the new cards failed within 2 months in January 2011. Luckily, the shop replaced it, but the new card failed within a month and once again, took all my photos with it.

I'm not sure why. It seems that each time the card failed, I had just put it into a card reader and plugged it into my comptuer. But i can't be sure precisely this was when it failed.

I'm not so keen on Transcend now despite the generally good reviews on Amazon. Perhaps I'll fork out for the expense of a Sandisk Extreme.

03-30-2011, 08:51 AM   #32

Photos: Gallery
Sandisk ultra ii sd hc sdhc 32gb