Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #1

Need help with K10

My K10 is acting weird.
I have the camera set on center point focusing. In the past, as expected, I only ever saw the center dot illuminate in the view finder, up until last week that is. Now I see the center dot as well as the dot above and below (3 dots in a row straight up and down).

I've tried for week to figure this out, been through the the manual twice, up and down the camera menus more times then I can remember.

Is it operator error? most likely. Here is what happened between the times it was a single dot and the now triple dot display. By the way the camera still appears to be center focusing.

I was hurridly changing lenses during a timeout of my daughters basketball game, each lens has a diiferent focus bias that I use with the K10 in debug mode. One lens requires much more than the other, so much more that I need to go to the AF adjust menu twice to reach the offset. It never fails that when I try to do this quickly I always inadvertantly end up in the wrong menu, cancel and start over. I think this time I may have mistakenly enabled or disabled a "feature" while in one of those menu screens.

I've switched the lenses back, no luck (didn't think it was hardware problem anyway)

I played with SEL focus, works great, works just like the manual says it should.

Go back to center point focus, three dots. ?????

Can anyone help?

02-19-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I can not really help, but did you try a reset (somewhere in the menus) to get all settings to factory standard?