Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2010, 08:59 AM   #1

Looking For the K-x in Vancouver..

So, this is the last border between me and my future K-x. One of my friends, a cameraman who's shooting the Winter Olimpics for the national Turkish televsion, is in Vancouver. This situation is kinda hard because, well, he doesn't speak English, nor French.. I wanted him to buy me a K-x from there because here in Turkey the prices are really high due to taxes. I spoke to him a couple of days ago and he said, he found only one store that sells Pentax stuff, where there is not a K-x.. Despite the extreme lack of communication between him and the store owner, I assume he all he could do is writing Pentax K-x on a little paper and show it to guy, he learned that there are only K20D (800$, body only) and K-7 (1.500$, with the 18-55) are available.

So, since BH Photo, somewhy, don't ship stuff to hotels, I gotta find places that sells Pentax in Vancouver. Hope you can help me about this..

Thank you.

02-20-2010, 09:45 AM   #2

A few places spring to mind:

1) Broadway Camera -- where I bought my Kx. Local shop with two locations; one close downtown, and another that's in a mall along the Canada Line. Broadway Camera!, Your Specialty Camera Store in Vancouver BC, Canada

2) Gastown photo -- small local shop staffed by friendly folks. It looks like they have a Kx + 2 lens kit in stock. Welcome to Gastown Photo

3) Future Shop -- Large national chain. There's one store on the intersection of Robson and Granville Street. Looks like there's a Kx + 18-55 Kit lens in stock at that location. Future Shop - Future Shop
02-20-2010, 10:29 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Any London Drugs in Metro Vancouver carries Pentax and should have the K-X for sale.
02-20-2010, 11:58 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Leo's Camera (Granville near Nelson), Kerrisdale Camera and any London Drugs as mentioned.

02-20-2010, 08:08 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
I bought my K-x from a Futureshop in Ontario. If you opt for the 4 year warranty, they throw in a lot for free! I got a 16GB card, a bag, a UV filter all with my K-x! But YMMV.