Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2010, 08:37 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Piece of mind K20D

Hi everybody!
Just few words about the excellencies of the K20D.
Recently travel to Chilean Patagonia, land know buy strong winds and sudden weather changes and a lot of rain.
Well while fotographing glaciers and pooring rain my only worry was the drops in my glass lense, which I had to clean-dry almost every picture. Other than that camera and lens were perfoming perfectly, while Canon and Nikon fotografers were running under cover. I have to say that even my Fa*80-200 f2.8 not beeing a DA* lens perform perfect as well with no trouble after hours of fotografiying.
Soon I will post some pictures of this beautiful land.
Greetings!
Xavier

02-21-2010, 09:34 AM   #2

I've never had any doubts about the build quality and durability of Pentax Digital cameras. I take my K10 to the English Lake District all year round. It is either raining or snowing depending on the time of year and it always work perfectly. I don't have any weather sealed lenses but if you take care you don't have problems. It would be good to here from people who have used a Pentax DSLR in some really extreme conditions, say the Sahara in mid summer or the Antarctic winter.
02-21-2010, 12:44 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My K10D has been to the Antarctic, a month going from west to east China during record rains and cold, and here in Arizona where conditions can duplicate mid-summer Sahara. I purchased a K20D so I won't have to change lenses when I go to Africa next month and I am confident it won't have any Problems.
02-21-2010, 02:55 PM   #4

Hi,

i've been out in snow storms and heavy rain a couple of times with my K20D and the 18-55 WR lens, i even washed it under the shower a couple of times. Never had any problems with it.

Greetings

Michi