Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2010, 06:20 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Amazon Deal of the Day Feb. 22, 2010: Pentax K-7 just $899

For the body only I just got an email that the body is in my Gold Box/Deal of the Day for $899. The kit w/WR 18-55 is $999...here is a link:

Amazon.com: Deal of the Day on the Pentax K7 Digital SLR

I am not sure if everyone will get this price, but it's worth a shot...I think? Also it is only good for Friday February 22, 2010...I am thinking how to come up with the cash...in the middle if some work on the house and am cash poor right now...dang it!!

02-22-2010, 06:53 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
I got it in my email, too, and posted in another thread before I saw you had this thread up. I think it's available to everyone. "Quick Picks," I believe, are the Limited-time deals specific to what big brother thinks you're interested in. Which doesn't explain the pet foods in my Quick Picks the other day.
02-22-2010, 06:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
For the body only I just got an email that the body is in my Gold Box/Deal of the Day for $899. The kit w/WR 18-55 is $999...here is a link:

Amazon.com: Deal of the Day on the Pentax K7 Digital SLR

I am not sure if everyone will get this price, but it's worth a shot...I think? Also it is only good for Friday February 22, 2010...I am thinking how to come up with the cash...in the middle if some work on the house and am cash poor right now...dang it!!
Looks like a pretty good deal with WR lens. I'd trade in my K-x for it , if I could. :-)
02-22-2010, 07:26 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mulanrouge Quote
I got it in my email, too, and posted in another thread before I saw you had this thread up. I think it's available to everyone. "Quick Picks," I believe, are the Limited-time deals specific to what big brother thinks you're interested in. Which doesn't explain the pet foods in my Quick Picks the other day.
hey ya....nice if everyone can grab this one...I don't see it dropping much further over the next couple months but I do figure it will hit the $799-$829 price in pretty short order if they can do this now. But since I have an April Yosemite trip I would LOVE to have the K7 in case there are any late snow storms, seem the planet cannot make up it's mind if we are going to have a stonger El Nino this year...so there is a chance for late snow in the park...the added cold performance would really be nice.

hehehe...yeah, I wonder some days about some of the things we get in those "targeted" specials...I get some really weird and out there items some days...don't think I've gotten the dog food one though, hahaha...

02-22-2010, 07:29 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tokyoso Quote
Looks like a pretty good deal with WR lens. I'd trade in my K-x for it , if I could. :-)
I know the feeling, but I am gonna try and sell the K20D today and see what happens...I only bought it to tide me over while waiting for the K7 then decided to wait for a more reasonable price drop....I might even unload my new Kindle today too, but only if the K20D sells. I know that will sell in a day no problem, it's only a couple months old. I'll miss it but we'll see.
02-22-2010, 09:49 AM   #6
Forum Member

Thanks for posting this. I saw it elsewhere in the forum and ordered mine today. Does anyone know if the Amazon sourced K7s come with the 2-year extended warranty. I cancelled my order from anothor supplier that included the extended warranty.
02-22-2010, 10:33 AM   #7
Site Supporter

@brecklundin: No El Nino? Haven't you been following the winter olympics?

Jack
on the job in Whistler, BC
02-22-2010, 10:44 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
..too tempting - but must resist....

02-22-2010, 11:33 AM   #9
Site Supporter

I snatched one up myself. I hope I do not regret spending the money on something frivolous like this on myself. I feel a bit guilty already. I may have to get out there and get a few jobs to make myself feel better.
02-22-2010, 11:38 AM   #10
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BobRad Quote
Thanks for posting this. I saw it elsewhere in the forum and ordered mine today. Does anyone know if the Amazon sourced K7s come with the 2-year extended warranty. I cancelled my order from anothor supplier that included the extended warranty.
I called Pentax and they assured me that as long as it was new and sold from Amazon it comes with a year warranty and paperwork to extent that with no fees or you can call Pentax and they would set you up.
Amazon selling for Pentax as opposed to someone else listing that they also sell the camera.
And just to start another argument an extended warranty from the manufacturer may be all you need in regards to a "service agreement" from a third party. But now that I have said that I think the extra $100 I spent with Wolf/Ritz got me three annual cleanings and bottom chasis replaced when a tiny crack appeared.
I had better do some more homework I suppose.

Last edited by Nowhere Matt; 02-22-2010 at 11:48 AM.
02-22-2010, 12:20 PM   #11
Forum Member

Thanks Matt. That makes the Amazon deal even sweeter!
02-22-2010, 02:36 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
@brecklundin: No El Nino? Haven't you been following the winter olympics?

Jack
on the job in Whistler, BC
why? who cares...it's canada...are they still a country?

dolt, I live in CA...been dealing with El Nino stuff for over five decades...

EDIT: Awwwwkkkk...that did not come out as funny as it sounded when I was thinking about what I thought I was writtting? hehehehe...d'oh!! But, my joke was that poor Canada never gets any credit when they do anything, so I was trying to play off that...not certain it came across...whoopsie!!

And the I live in CA part is, we really are not having a strong El Nino here...and that is what I wrote "...that the planet cannot make up it's mind of we are going to have a STRONGER El Nino..." because at worst we are having a mild El Nino situation here. But if we get some stronger conditons we will get more snow up there...anyway, not trying to sound as cranky as that originally came out..som days are like that I suppose...I just wanna get a K7 is all....

Last edited by brecklundin; 02-22-2010 at 03:43 PM.
02-22-2010, 06:08 PM   #13

Hi,

So would you get a better warranty with Amazon versus primocamera.com? They have listed the kit at $939 and body at $839. Plust they throw in some memory, tripod, bag, and lens cleaning kit...

Does anybody have any experience with primocamera???

Thanks!

(oh and hi. first poster herre...) ;-)
02-23-2010, 01:03 AM   #14
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 5point5 Quote
Hi,

So would you get a better warranty with Amazon versus primocamera.com? They have listed the kit at $939 and body at $839. Plust they throw in some memory, tripod, bag, and lens cleaning kit...

Does anybody have any experience with primocamera???

Thanks!

(oh and hi. first poster herre...) ;-)
I would check reseller ratings before purchasing from them (quick hint: wasn't very good)
02-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #15

I purchased the K-7 through the amazon deal as well!

I also bought a highly reviewed guide book for it through amazon as well as it is my first SLR, hopefully I can learn the ropes before June (going to hawaii for honeymoon)